Thursday, December 12, 2019

Thankful Thursday Piper Update

You remember Piper, my mom's cat. I gave her to my mom as a mother's day gift several years ago. She came from the shelter Jeanne from Random Felines works with.

I meant to do this update on the anniversary of my mom's passing, but I had the date wrong in my head, it was on the 8th. While my mom was in the hospital for several months my sister and her husband took care of Piper, eventually moving her into their house. A few months ago they moved int my mom's old house and Piper had a homecoming of sorts. She was back in her own home, and the pesky blind yorkie, Nala, was the 'newcomer' now. Piper, a shy cat generally, had started coming out of her shell at my sisters house, but back in her own home, she's back out from hiding and even has made a truce with Nala. It has been so good for her.

She knew my sister from the get go as she used to spend at least one night a week at my moms helping her out since we lost my dad. (She practically lived there while my dad was very sick) But she was not thrilled with anyone else, even my sisters husband.

That's changed now too. The couch in these pictures was my moms, so full of Piper and mom smells. She sits there with confidence. And here she is sitting with brother in law/sisters husband/BOL watching tv.

Piper: Hey, go back a channel, I think I saw dancing! First momma and I liked dancing!
BOL: Uh.. no. Here, these guys are 'dancing' on the football field. 


Piper: Thank you, new daddy person. I likes you now.
BOL: Endzone dance! See, I didn't lie! I mean, I like you too, Piper.


One of Pipers favorite places to nap and watch birds and squirrels is in the big bay window. My dad's ashes were there when Piper came to live with my mom. They are in the big  marble box on the left in the following pictures. Piper used to nap next to it in the window. Now my mom's ashes are on the right (with the Betty Boops figure on it), and she sleeps between the two of them.

 Piper: ZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzz my spot.. zzzzzZZZZzzzz



If you look closely in this one, she has her paws up on my mom's urn box. Is it because it's cool? Does she know what it is? Who knows, but it's very sweet.
Piper: I hugs first-mom.


This is what I'm thankful for on this Thankful Thursday. That Piper is happy, content and loved again. That she's out of her shell and loving her new family. Kinda even Nala doggie, at least on better terms!

I miss my mom, and my dad, like mad, but I am happy and thankful that her last kitty is doing well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you seen the Winnie's Wish Holiday Auction lately? Oh so many new good things! Great gifts for kitties, kitty lovers, and anyone else still waiting for bids!
(Please keep using the 'older posts' button at the end of every page, for some reason blogger has odd amounts of posts on each page, some only one, some a few, some a lot.. I have no idea why, some are even missing and you have to find them by the link on the summary page!)

https://winnieswishauction.blogspot.com/

Remember, every bid helps the kitties of Winnie's Wish! But if nothing strikes your fancy, consider making a donation on the Winnie's Wish blog site, (or here and I'll make sure they get every penny!) Or send something from their Amazon Wish List and help them have a Happy Holiday too!
Thank you!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


8 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is so wonderful and I'm so happy for Piper, that's a very special homecoming fur sure1 Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Eastside Cats said...

Aww, Piper is a doll!
Cats seem to be intune with energy; bet she feels it around the urns.
Hugs and purrs.

pilch92 said...

I am glad Piper is doing well. XO

Summer said...

I'm so glad to hear that Piper is doing well!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad Piper is feeling happy and out of her shell again. She knows she is where she should be, sleeping between her human's ashes.

Katie Isabella said...

I remmed[ber Piper very well. I am happy to read how well she is now, adjusted to her world and happy. THia was a hppy and hopeful blog for us today. Smiling here at the good news. XX

catladymac said...

We are so glad that things have worked out well for Piper - and your whole family.

Dash Kitten Crew said...

Piper is a happy cat and this is good to see.

I am sharing the auction and items from it as much as i can!