Friday, December 27, 2019

Secret Paws!

We got some wonderful packages all the way from New Zealand for our Secret Paws gifts courtesy of the Dash Kitten family! Wait til you see the awesome stuff we got!


Cashmere photobombed the picture taking. I think she wanted to open things up right away!
 Cashmere: Is this for me? I mean the paper, you know I like to bat paper around! please open it! And if you want, you can give me what's in side too.. Hurry!


Inside the wrapped package was a note book, a pen on a necklace that says New Zealand, and a butterfly bracelet! I love it all!



The Catamazing Classic treat puzzle came at the same time as the above gifts. I couldn't take pictures that day because, amazingly, we were out of cat treats! Greg was going to go to the store the next day to get some when he brought in the mail and guess what? The Dash Kitten crew had us covered, it just didn't all arrive at the same time. So yay, we could get started with the play time! After assembly of course. Seems easy right?
There was a paper inside the treat puzzle box that said watch this video to see how to assemble, "or if you're stubborn" here's a chart. We stubborn-ed it out and after much what-the-heck-ing, we got it set up! 



I distributed treats inside, and a few outside to give them the idea, then called the kitties. Since we'd trimmed claws a few days ago, no one was about to fall for the ol' come here and see mommy thing. I shook the little container of temptations. Have you ever seen them come in such a cute little thing? Me either, which is why they didnt recognize the sound. I didnt have a bag of treats to crinkle so Greg tried rattling a cough drop package since it makes the same sound (and always brings the kitties running when you just want to stop coughing your lungs out..) No go. Must have been nap time.
Then Leo poked his head out to see if it was safe. It was, so he came over to check out the new thing and.. treat! He licked one or two, which is what he usually does. 
Leo: What's this? I smell... beef treats? Lemme taste that.. *licklicklick*  



 Leo: Hey girls! Nothing bad happening! It's treat time!



Cashmere heard the call and came rushing down to see what was up.
Cashmere: Oo treats! Why are these ones damp? 



For some reason she didn't nibble any at that time. Which is odd, because she loves treats almost as much as Glitter does. We have some treat balls and Glitter learned immediately how to get the treats out of them. Cashmere learned how to wait until Glitter got the treats out so she could steal them without work. I thought she'd eat the easy to get ones anyway. (she did later)  Glitter finally came down, after daddy went looking for her. I think she thought she was getting her nails trimmed again or something because she ran from him and wound up finding the treat puzzle!
 Glitter: What the... hey, this smells like... treats!



Glitter: But... we get treats after torture, not before....



Glitter: Ok, what's the deal here? What are you trying to trick me into? 


(ok, the stinkeye she's giving me is only partly due to sceptism, partly due to the flash and the one eye, yes, she has a slight cold, nothing to worry about, we're taking care of it.)

The temptation of the Temptations was too much, she dove in!
Glitter: Ok, just a few.. *munchmunchmunch* Mmm beefy!



Glitter: Hey, you dropped some inside the holes here, mom, did you know that? 



Glitter: I think I can get it....



Glitter: There's more in this hole!

 
Glitter: Ooo and in this hole too! Wow, there's more inside than outside!



Glitter: Yeah, I got some out! Whoo hoo! *munchcrunchchomp*



Glitter: Oh yeah, I forgot about the ones on top!


Glitter: Well that was yummy! And there's flavor on my paw now, double yum!


Thank you Dash Kitten Crew! This was a hit! Even though it took them a while to warm up to it, they did get all the treats out! I kept hearing them all night; every once in a while someone would be scrape scrape scraping at the puzzle box and crunching their prize!

Merry Christmas!! We hope you are all enjoying this, the third day of Christmas and enjoying treats and presents too!

16 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Wow! What a fun Secret Paws package! That maze toy looks like a lot of fun.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh yea, you sure were having some fun trying to get those treats out!

pilch92 said...

Looks like you got lots of nice gifts.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Oh those puzzle boxes are FUN. We have one TBT made (and love it), but it doesnt look near so pretty.

Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa! You had to work for your treats.

Summer said...

Considering how good I am at tricks, I kind of suck at those treat puzzles!

Dash Kitten Crew said...

YAAAY I am glad the kitties enjoy the puzzle, I thought the treats would take forever but they didn't WoooHOOOO

Merry Christmas!!!!

Marjorie and the Dash Kitten Crew
PS The mom made your bracelet!

Lone Star Cats said...

It's hard to resist Temptations, MOL!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those are lovely presents. The butterfly bracelet is so pretty.

Katie Isabella said...

OH wow! You all got a wonderful Secret Paws!!! I love my puzzlebox too; and I like seeing you three love yours. Leo...I will be waiting for you. I like your idea for the day. Waiting. Mommy has a pretty bracelet doesn't;t she girls? Maybe she can share with you as a necklace?

Sandee said...

What a wonderful Secret Paws you had. Really cool.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect weekend. My best to your mom. ♥

R's Rue said...

Love it.

Eastside Cats said...

Nice prezzies, kitties!

Fr. Tom Fish said...

What great and thoughtful gifts! Have a happy, wonderful 2020! - Tom x and the housekeeper Julie xo

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

we love catamazing and those are purrfect prezzies!

meowmeowmans said...

Whoa! Those are awesome presents! That maze looks especially fun!