Saturday, August 28, 2021

Late Birthdays!

 Bad cat mommy, bad! Missed their birthday. Again. It was the 27th, so I'm only one day gone, but still.. bad mommy! 
 
 
Happy Birthday to my sweet kitties!! They are 11!  
 
They were born in a litter of six to a very feral momma kitty. Chrystal rescued them over the course of a few days. They were old enough to be weaned, and the momma was so so so feral that she was TNRed and put back where she'd be fed and looked after. Then she started the long process of taming the kittens. 
 
I didn't put any expectations on them for being cuddly but Leo immediately attached to me, even meowing for me when I was out of his sight so he could come running to me when I called back. He was very cuddly! Still is!
Glitter wanted to be friends, but was nervous. She would get all excited when I'd talk to her, she'd run straight at me, head bang into my leg then get nervous again and run away. She did that for a few weeks then she decided she could sit next to us and get pets. 
Cashmere, I was told, might never be a hands on cat, might never be a lap cat and would probably keep to herself all the time. This was true for probably the first year. Now she's a velcro kitty. Especially toward Greg, her one true love (although since the pilling for fleas incident she's been stuck to me, punishing him, but I'm sure she'll come around) 
I'm finding it hard to type right now as Cashmere is trying to tuck under my arm and is displeased by the movement that typing causes, and Leo is trying to sit directly between me and the laptop so that he is the focus of my attention as it should rightly be. Glitter, thank goodness, has had her snuggles and pets and is content to sleep with her head flopped over my ankle so hard that I'm pretty sure she's cutting off the circulation and will probably strangle herself, however as long as I hear the Harley-with-no-muffler snore, I think she's ok. 
This is our birthday naptime! 

Later they will get a wonderful snack, and maybe even some treats and they are being pet and snuggled to their hearts content, as is their due. 

I do not want to think about them being 11 now, and I refuse to believe the cat age chart that says they are 60 in cat years because they are still my kittens, not aging cats. Anyone who tries to tell me different will be subjected to me sticking my fingers in my ears and loudly singing I can't hear you! They are babies and they will stay babies! 

As a birthday gift, I will not use a picture of Leo post-shave. ;) None of these pictures are new because bad mommy hasn't got all their pictures moved to the new laptop yet..




Leo the Chinese Lion (that's his full name in case you didn't know)



Cashmere
 
 
 
 
Glitter
 
 
 
 
The three of them as feral kittens (plus sister Spitz tucked in the bottom left)




Glitter
 
 
  

Leo

 
 
 
Cashmere

 
 
 
 Three backs, left to right: Glitter, Cashmere, Leo
 
 
 
 
 
Top: Glitter, Left: Cashmere, Right: Leo

 
 
 
 
Happy Birthday!
 


11 comments:

Brian's Home Blog said...

Awww, Happy Birthday beautiful sweeties!!!

pilch92 said...

Happy Belated Birthday cuties!! XO

meowmeowmans said...

Well, better late than never, right? Happy belated birthday, sweet friends! XO

Summer said...

Happy just slightly belated birthday to your babies!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Happy belated birthday to Glitter, Cashmere and Leo!

Katie Isabella said...

Happy Birthday you three precious babies! MY mom is like your mom. No way I am 13! (Leo's older woman cat). I am a baby...I am treated as one...and that's the way it rolls around here. Your momma appreciates all of you birthday babies. And you are all beautiful and special. XXXXXXXXX Leo...I just ate, so ww'll share your treats when you get here and you can have some of mine. XXXX

Timmy Tomcat said...

They are Darling! We sure love you all and Mom too. That is something hearing how you were when you were little feral fighters but when there is love and care in a safe home we kitties respond. We were all rescue cats and all of us are really friendly and push in on Dad.
Happy Birthday my friends you are still young!

The Island Cats said...

Happy Birthday! I think it’s cool that the three of them were able to remain together.

catladymac said...

Happy Purrthday to your lovely fur kids !

da tabbies o trout towne said...

best fishes... and happeez and healtheez over de yeer two each of ewe; happee bee lated ♥♥♥☺☺☺ ♫♪♫♫♫♪♪♫

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Happy belated Birfdays to you! And we send a forgiveness purr to the Mommy. Aftert all, TBT missed our 15th Blogoversary by a couple days, too.