Thursday, May 31, 2018

Thankful Thursday

Oh boy have I got a BIG thankful today! And this one is ME, not the kitties. Actually, not sure how thankful any of them are about it, but it thrills my heart!

I just posted the other day about the girls Fourth Gotcha day. I had totally forgotten that I was going to share this picture then, but I'm also kinda glad I saved it for Thankful Thursday!

In recent times I've posted pictures of all three of the kitties sleeping in the same area, ie the bed. Not exactly cuddle piles, but some of them actually touching! But all on one single piece of furniture! That's big news around here because while they love each other and play with each other, they do not sleep together. The girls came here bonded, but even they, once they settled in, decided that sleeping alone was better. Silly cats, don't they know they're supposed to sleep in one big furry pile?

Anyway, as thrilled as I have been about them sleeping in the same vicinity, I was surprised by this just the other day:


Ok, that pink in the middle is ME and with me are THREE kitties!
 Leo is on the far left. That is his favorite sleeping spot, he's always there just behind my arm on my pillow pile/arm rest. He likes to grumble at me from there if I type too much.
Cashmere is next to him, leaning on him and is in the spot she likes to sleep in when Greg leaves for work. As long as Leo's not with me. They don't share. (until this time!)
Glitter is on the other side, back end on the other arm pillows, doing supercat across my stomach. She likes this spot in the middle of the night, even if Leo is already with me. She never cares what the other cats think. She will lay there as long as she wants scritches, then she will lay where Cashmere is, but with her butt toward me and her head hanging off the other side of the pillows. Again, even if Leo is there and he grumbles about it because.. she don't care what the other cats think. We call her the unflappable one. She cannot be flapped! Even if Leo gives her a slow paw of doom to the top of the head, she stays, she just turns away from him. No flap!

Anyway, see why I'm so thankful!? Three kitties, no whappy paws! All snuggle loves!
(Ok, Glitter always looks grumpy in pictures, it's her beautifully tilted eyes squinting at the flash and Cashmere was awakened by her daddy moving near. She's very aware of every move he makes)

It only lasted about 20 minutes, and of course they choose to do this on one of the hottest days, but I loved it! Also thankful that Greg woke up in time to get the picture before anyone moved!



We're thankful for Brian's blog hop too! Hope you all join in!

Thankful Thursday Blog Hop
 
 

11 comments:

The Island Cats said...

How nice that they all spent time with you...together!

Random Felines said...

Awww....how wonderfully sweet

Eastside Cats said...

Angel and Chuck never really slept while touching each other, so it's such a treat when Manny and Chili Bruce entangle themselves so much that we cannot tell where one cat starts and the other ends! We are lucky, and I know the intense thrill that you experienced in this photo, and will hopefully have again and again!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Love that and yes, it's a real smile maker! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Sandee said...

It's wonderful when they get along and sleep together.

Have a purrfect Thankful Thursday. ♥

pilch92 said...

That is sweet.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I can feel your happy from here :)

M Dawson said...

* Big Smile *

Isn't it lovely when they cuddle together!

Summer said...

That is sweet to see them all together.

Katie Isabella said...

I love kitty piles and this one is precious!!!

Katie Isabella said...

Mom saw your comment on Summer's blog and she commanded I tell you her experience with the suction cup feeder. She only tried the hummingbird feeder. And the suction cup did work. However, the horrific sugar mess all over and down the window was so awful she had to take it off the window before three hours or so were up...and clean the window and deck of the blackening, hardening sugary mess. So...be aware. Now if it is regular bird food, birdies will have to use their outdoor litterbox...so be aware of that too. XXXX