Thursday, December 28, 2017

Thankful Thursday and Happy New Year!

We've had a year to be thankful for, I think. It hasn't been all roses, (especially with rehab and surgery) but it does seem to be ending on a good note!

We are SO thankful that the Winnie's Wish Holiday Auction went so well! (we'll have totals as soon as the last stragglers get their donations in and items sent) And the Winnie's Wish Holiday Package Party, which is still going!! is doing well! There's plenty of time if you want to get a package in to the Wishers! Every bit helps, so even if you just want to make a small donation instead of using the Wish List, it would be awesome!! I can tell you without a doubt that Winnie's Wish and Chrystal would be extremely grateful and thankful for any help given!

I am personally very thankful for my physical therapists! Due to a glitch with the insurance I lost them for a while but I now have a new company and new physical and occupational therapists that started this week! So far I think they are even better, much better, than the previous ones anyway! So here's to gettin' strong in the new year!

I am also extremely thankful for my kitties. I was holding my sweet heart cat, Leo earlier today, and he was snoozing in my arms and I just felt so much love for him, so much happiness that he's in my life. I'm not leaving the girls out! I love them so much, they bring me so much joy! I love each one of their personalities and quirks! They are all so special to me and I'm grateful that Chrystal allowed me to adopt them!

I'm so thankful for Chrystal! Though we are states away from each other, we have a friendship that transcends the miles! She always tells me she's thankful for everything I do to help Winnie's Wish, but it's me who's thankful! She has given me a purpose, a way to use my crafty talents to help out, a reason to do the crafts! and a reason to be busy and productive! I'm thankful, grateful, that she calls me a friend and her chief fundraiser, I am honored and proud to serve the kitties!

I know Leo, Glitter and Cashmere are thankful for their Secret Santa gifts! And we will be sharing pictures of that soon!

We are also so very thankful for you, our friends, furry and human, for reading, commenting, and being so supportive! I love you all! I know we only know each other 'on the internet' but I feel a real friendship with all of you! You are my community, my people, the ones who share my love of the furry family members!

I don't think I'll be posing again until after New Years, so I'm going to make this my New Years post too! And since I'm so past ready to sleep, I'm going to reuse last years pictures! But the sentiment is new and yet the same, we hope that you have a wonderful, safe, joyous New Year!

Leo: Smooches at midnight anyone?



Glitter: Happy New Year Darlings!
 
 

Cashmere: HAPPY NEW YEAR! Now it's nap time so I'm confiscating all noisemakers, k?
 
 
 
Oh yes, the Winnie's Wish Holiday Package Party! Go HERE to read about it!
Donations can be made to the donate button on my sidebar or the button on the Daily Dose/Winnie's Wish sidebar! Thank you!
http://celestialkitties.blogspot.com/2017/11/big-holiday-idea.html
 

10 comments:

The Island Cats said...

We love your dedication to Winnie's Wish. Happy New Year to you all. May the new year bring you much happiness.

Katie Isabella said...

Happy New Year to you each and all. Love you and always enjoy when you are able to blog. XXX

Summer said...

I love your enthusiasm and hard work for Winnie's Wish - I wish all rescues had people like you in their corner! Have an awesome 2018 and I hope it is LOTS better health-wise for you.

Brian's Home Blog said...

The kitties look wonderful! I'm glad the PT thing got straightened out and I hope you get stronger and stronger as the days go by. Happy New Year from all of us!

pilch92 said...

Wonderful list of thankfuls. You do so much to help Winnie's Wish, great job with the auction, glad it was a success.

Lone Star Cats said...

Happy Mew Year!

Morrie Major said...

Oh Leo how could anyone resist smooches with you at midnight when you look that smart in your headwear?!
Such great photos -
Lots of licks your good friend Morrie :)

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

No matter the events of the year, there are allus some things ta be thankful for.

meowmeowmans said...

Thank you for all your wonderful efforts on behalf of Chrystal and her Wishers! And thank you for being YOU.

Happy New Year!

Noodle Cat said...

Have a wonderful New Year!

Noodle and crew