Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Brick Time!

Did ya see it? Did ya see it??? We got a brick on the Winnie's Wish Walkway!!!

Ok ok, I know we have a few.. but our new one has been posted today!!!!



Over there I tell the story of two of my kitties, they were best friends and even though they've gone ahead to the bridge, I'm sure they are napping in the sun together there.

I told Calvin's story way back in August of 2012, but I don't know if I ever told Sheldon's. His isn't as long though, he was a lap cat all the way without the drama of Calvin's beginning.

I wish I had pictures of them! Calvin was a black kitty with short fur, he was big and powerful but acted like a scardy cat. He was heavier than he looked, when you picked him up it was "oof, big boy!" He was tall, long legs, not nearly so long as Leo though. I've never had a cat as long as Leo (I still say he has three extra vertebrae in his back and at least three or four extra in his tail!). He had big penetrating gold eyes and he'd stare holes through you until you noticed that he was sitting statue still waiting for you to pet him. And when you noticed, he flopped over like a toppling building hoping for tummy rubs.

Sheldon was a tiger and white, lots of white. He had like a saddle of tiger over his back, his legs and belly and neck were white, stark, perfectly clean white. He had white on his face too and was just adorable. Tiny Johnson at Katnip Lounge reminds me of him a lot. He was like a ragdoll, you could pick him up and he would just snuggle in. If you sat, he wanted your lap. It was very common to have Sheldon on my lap and Calvin beside me.

Calvin preferred to sit next to rather than on people for the most part, but occasionally he'd nap on me and me only. Sheldon would sit on anyone he knew, and next to strangers if they would pet him. They were my babies and I still miss them.

I'm so happy that they'll be remembered on the walkway. And that their brick means help for the kitties of Winnie's Wish!

The walkway may be full now, but the needs are not. The kitties there still need food, litter, medical care, cleaning up after, vaccinations, and mostly adoptions!

If you can help with any of these needs, please do so! Spread the word about the adoptable kitties. Use the Wish List on the Daily Dose sidebar to send needed items from amazon directly to Winnie's Wish. Use the donate button on their sidebar to send monetary gifts. Check out our on going FUNdraisers on my sidebar and get great gifts in return for donations to Winnie's Wish.

Don't forget to go over and see my brick story on Daily Dose today!!

9 comments:

Katie Isabella said...


i loved reading about those who came before. xxoo

Sparkle said...

Paws up on your brick! And thanks for sharing the stories of these kitties.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We saw your story over at Daily Dose and what a great story it is!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That brick is just purrfect!

Photo Cache said...

beautiful story. we love reading about those who came before us. thanks for sharing and the brick is very cool.

emma and buster

Marty the Manx said...

Love the brick and love learning about the kitties that came before. Thank you for sharing.
Marty's Mom

meowmeowmans said...

We did! We did! We love your brick, and the story behind it was so moving.

The Island Cats said...

What a great way to remember the kitties that came before.

A Tonl said...

What a wonderful remembrance!!