Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Noisy Weekend

Leo spent a good part of the weekend under the bed again... Star hid some too, but she came out every time the noise stopped. Leo didn’t come out until hours after the noise stopped.

The noise? Just an angle grinder taking the lumps and waves off the cement floor. That doesn’t sound too bad now does it?

Actually, yeah it does! And the dust! I spent that time with a sheet thrown over my head so I could continue to breath. I like breathing... It makes me happy. Did you know that it’s not very easy to read with a sheet over your head.. And it’s too bad I forgot to get ear plugs!

But back to Leo. When he hides, he does not come out. And I don’t get his hiding spot! Under the bed is Star’s favorite nappy spot. Ok, ONE Of Star’s favorite nappy spots. You’d think she’d kill him for being under there. But when he’s hiding, she doesn’t bother him at all.

And where exactly does she hide when he’s under the bed? I have yet to figure that out. The niece’s room was open, so it’s possible she was in there or under that bed. As I said, when the noise stopped, she came out, looking for attention and possibly snacks to make up for the assault on her sensitive ears.

The noise stopped frequently because the vibration, noise and dust was also really getting to Greg. It also gave me a chance to peek out from under the sheet to see how the job was going. You know what? It’s not too bad. At least in the places he was able to get to. Angle grinder burned out.

It took the kitties long enough to come check it out. Well after sucking and blowing the dust out of the house. You should have seen it. It was like a huge grey cloud blowing out the window.

Oh yes, the door and several windows were open, with a fan blowing out. This could have been the other draw for Star. She loves open windows and doors, no matter how cold it was that day!

But then, I’ve always thought I had rather silly kitties.



Freeze, smeeze. You can suffer, I'm getting good wiffies. And no pushy barbarian trying to get door time.


I was not scared... I have sensitive ears! yeah.. sensitive ears.. that's the ticket..

2 comments:

Random Felines said...

We had a neighbor working outside last night and the noise made us run too!! And then the thunder scared the heck out of the foster kitts..... We feel for you!

meowmeowmans said...

Yikes, we don't like loud noises, either!