Thursday, March 22, 2018

Thankful Thursday Piper's Progress

Do you remember last June when I went to see Jeanne of Random Felines to adopt a kitty for my mom from her rescue? I told that story in two parts HERE and HERE.

Piper fell in love with my mom right away and accepted my sister, on her own terms. She did not like anyone else though, and still wont come out to see me. My sister's husband was on the 'do not like' list too, even though he's up there a lot with my sister. But things have changed! Piper comes out quickly for my sister though she still runs when anyone comes to the door. And she has come out when my brother in law in there and has even, I believe, let him pet her! My niece, Twin 1, was over the other day and I think Piper mistook her for my sister and came out, got startled by,  "Hey, you're not who I thought you were!" Then went "Meh, I don't feel like hiding any more. So Hi, want to pet me?" I really hope next time I get up there that she will come out for me too!

I got my mom to take some new pictures to share Piper's progress from shy kitty to outgoing playful girl.

This is Piper's sunny spot! The back of the couch by the bay window. I think you can see how much she likes it, snoozing in the sun, glowing like a little angel!
Piper: zzzzzzIhearCameraClicksButDontCarezzzzzzzzz
 


Piper: Oh, hello. Do you like by soft cushy sunny spot? I loves it! See that empty spot on the bay window? That's my bird watching spot. My mom knows not to put anything there or I will rearrange it. And by rearrange, I mean toss to the floor behind the couch. We have an understanding now.
 
 

Piper: Do you see all these yarns? These are the most fun to play with! My mommy does something with 'plastic canvas' whatever that is, and I get to play with the strings while she does it!
 
 
(Before anyone worries that she'll swallow the yarn, don't worry! We know the horror stories of how yarn/string can kill a kitty and it's only out when my mom is working on her crafts and Piper is always supervised with it.)

Piper: I try to get it away from my mom! But she's a wily one... I can only tug the ends. But it's still fun!!
 
 

Piper: See the wonderful colors in my yarn waterfall? I can lay here and bat at them all I want! But I'm done already, so I'll just lay here and look at the pretty colors!
 
 


Piper! Where are you now? Where's the kitty? Hello??
Piper: Hee hee, keep looking!
 
 

Ah, the sun came out! There you are!
Piper: Shh, bird watching... Ooo! there's a little yellow one! And a red one! Bet they're crunchy..


The window behind the bed is Piper's new spot. She just figured it out and loves to see the birds on this side of the house, which faces a small bit of woods. She probably has a view of lots of squirrels, chipmunks, possums, raccoons, and who knows what else!


We are so thankful that Piper has decided that other people are ok now and has found so many wonderful places to enjoy her new home that we're putting this on the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

http://www.brianshomeblog.com/
 
 
 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on Piper! I really enjoyed seeing her!

Katie Isabella said...

I love reading this happy post! And seeing this beautiful soft girl and her home! xx

Brian's Home Blog said...

WOW! Piper is doing so good and we're happy to hear about such wonderful progress. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

The Island Cats said...

It's so nice seeing Piper doing so well!

Random Felines said...

That is so wonderful. We are so glad she has a great home and is getting more and more comfortable!

Sheltie Times said...

Glad to hear things have improved.

pilch92 said...

I am happy for Piper.

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

We're glad Piper is doing well. :)

Lone Star Cats said...

Glad Piper is doing so well!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Piper; I totally understand; I'm 15 and can count on ONE paw the
amount of people I have interacted with...enjoy playing with the yarns,
it looks like of lot of FUN ! hugs from dai$y =^..*= ♥♥

Cathy Keisha said...

So cool that Piper has come out of her shell. I still won't let anybuddy pet me.