Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Piper Peeps

When I left off in the tail, er tale, of my mom's new Kitty, Piper, she had just walked out of her carrier and into her new forever mom's arms for her first hug. We took a few pictures, and then Piper was ready to explore.

And by explore, I mean run behind the couch. Oh boy. It was really late but we didn't want to leave until we showed her where the litter box and food and water were. Greg looked over the back of the couch and tried talking to her. He'd been talking to her on the ride home, and also opening the cage go give her the occasional pet. She was so good when he did that, until the last time when she decided, "Oh, I can come out?" and tried like mad to get past his hand. I give him credit for being able to drive and keep her in the cage and eventually get the door shut again! I couldn't reach her to help from where I was sitting.. also couldn't pet her, totally unfair!

So Greg talked to her from over the back of the couch and she responded by going out the other end. I saw her head down the hallway and into the bathroom. Mom followed her and tried sweet talking her at which point Piper decided she had other places to be and went into my moms room and under the bed. Mom had forgotten to shut the door to prevent just such an occurrence.. Still gotta show her the litter and food, so this set off a big ordeal where Greg and mom tried everything, including moving the bed, to find the kitty. After about half an hour they took a break.. And found Piper in the bathtub behind the shower curtain.

Mom picked Piper up with the intent on walking with her to the foyer with the food and the back room with the litter. But mom.. well, she's no spring chicken, she made it to the first chair and had to plop down to catch her breath while carrying her new bowling ball, I mean, new kitty! I did mention the she had wanted a large kitty, right? Piper fit that bill, and more!

Greg took over then, he's a much better bowler, I mean, he's much better at carrying heavy objects.. I mean.. Greg helped! He took her to the food and water dishes and showed her the yummies, then carried her out to show her where the litter box was. I told him to put her in it, if nothing else, she'll get her foot scent in the box and know it's hers, right? She sniffed around, then decided to explore this room, which is my mom's craft and computer room. There are doll house miniature things on and under tables everywhere and two desks and a cabinet, oh so many places for a kitty to hide. Oh so many places for her to get completely around the room without ever coming out where you can see her!

But she kept talking to mom, and she wasn't running to hide, just kind of hugging the walls. Time for us to leave! Sorry mom, Greg had to get up early the next morning for work and it was late as heck! I figured it would take a day or two for Piper to get comfy and then she'd be looking for attention. I was wrong.. The second Greg and I went into the garage to leave and shut the door behind us, she came out and rubbed on my mom's legs! She put her paws up on mom's lap and gave one of her peeping meows as if to say, you can pet me now!

We're not even out of the garage and mom hollered, "She came out!" Figures.. Silly kitty! I called once we got home and found out that while Piper kept going off behind things, she also kept coming out and peeping at mom and asking for pets. She was exploring the house from behind one piece of furniture or another. She spent quite a bit of time behind the washer, so the next day mom blocked that off. Not a good spot for a large kitty to get stuck..

The very next day Piper was attached to my mom. Every time she'd get a little lost, she'd meow until mom called her or went to her and she'd come out and get pets! She sits next to her on the couch and demands pets. If my mom doesn't pet her fast enough, she shoves her whole head under her hand DEMANDING what she wants! Piper goes into rapturous joy when she gets pet, "oh yeah, that's the spot, purrrrrrrrrrrr!" When she gets up next to mom, she flops over hard into her leg for her pettin' time!

My sister spends a lot of time up at my mom's house, taking care of her and basically being there for her. She spends several nights a week up there too. So the first day she came over after Piper's arrival, she came in to see the kitty. And Piper ran under the couch! At least I'm not the only one she hid from! It didn't take long though, for Piper to realize she wasn't going anywhere, and also that she had two extra hands for the pettin' times! Now she flops next to my sister too, demanding her pets!

If my mom spends any time at all at the computer, which she does every day, Piper comes out and puts her paws on her leg and peeps at her, letting her know it's time for pets! Mom is going to have to get Piper her own computer chair so she can sit next to her! Because girlfriend will not be denied! When she says it's pettin' time, it's pettin' time doggone it!

So I guess you could say, Piper has settled in quickly and is perfectly capable of running the household already! And now some pictures mom has taken!

Piper: This is where I lay when I want to by next to my new mom, but she can't reach me over the end table. Doesn't keep me from kneading on the carpet and talking to her though!
 
 

This are my foodies and waters dishes. That pink thing is my toy. My new mommy's daughter, the one who bringed me here, bought me new furry mousies. I reward her for this by staring at the mousies when mommy holds them up for me and giving them the eyes of "what the hell is that?! Get it away from me!!" hee hee, I think it's funny. I would rather play with the old toys from the kitty before me!
 
 

I call this, "it's my pettin' time!" I needs scritchin's on my neck and do not forget the top of my head, I loves pettin's on the top of my head. I also call this, almost out of mommy's reach, because it's hard for her to bend over this far. But I am still in the training mode with my new mommy. She'll get it soon enough I'm sure.
 
 

My mom's previous cat, Sir Moose-a-lot Goodyear Roadkill Thunderbottom, used to love to sit in front of my mom and let her pet him with her foot. Guess what Piper did?

Piper: I call this, "Oh yeah, that's the good spot!" The mommy training is going really well! She already understands that rolly polly kitties like to have their back rubbed by the tail! (it's hard to reach that spot for us full bodied girl kitties!) All in all, I'd say I'm a pretty happy girl here!



And I can report that my mom is a pretty happy girl too! She's got a new buddy, and it only took a few days before she decided to sleep on the bed with her! I think we found her a really good match, don't you?

11 comments:

Summer said...

I think Piper knew that your mother was HER human right away! She just wasn't so sure about everyone else. I'm glad she is settling in!

Katie Isabella said...

Mommy said you have made her entire rest of the week with this one. And Leo, I'll be over to the Cave this afternoon. Engagement with a sticky person from Mom's friend. I'll take care of her entertainment and be over in a while. xxx

Random Felines said...

awwww - mom jut melted. that is seriously so sweet and we are glad they are working things out so quickly :) YAY!!!

Eastside Cats said...

Yay for Piper and for mom!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Piper is one lucky girl!!!

Purrs,
The Chans

Brian's Home Blog said...

Hooray for sweet Piper, that's wonderful!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

piper....wavez two ewe gorgeouz N we iz glad ta heer yur settled in N yur runnin de show now !!! we noe everee onez soooper happee with thiz; lookin for werd ta reedin mor stuffz bout ewe in de few chure ~ ☺☺♥♥♥

The Island Cats said...

Sounds like Piper is making herself at home quite nicely. We're glad it's working out.

pilch92 said...

I am so happy for Piper and your Mom.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Piper, you are a pretty girl. We are glad you have settled in with your new Mom!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

The first hug is allus special! And many more to come we are sure.