Rainbow gave us the Beautiful Blogger Award! Thank you so much! Rainbow is a pretty white kitty with a new blog. If you don't know them yet, please go visit! (Honest to goodness, I have looked and looked and I have no idea if Rainbow is a girl kitty or a boy kitty.. Though the name makes me think girl?)
The rules for accepting this award are
(1) Thank and link back to the
(2) List seven things about you that readers may not
(3) Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
Seven things readers might not know... wow, I think you all might know everything about the kitties by now.. I'm going to try to think of some things, but I think some of them will be me, the human.
1. I'm an avid seamstress. I used to be a freelance wedding consultant, doing everything from making brides maids dresses, wedding cakes, silk flower bouquets and boutonnieres, and some other accessories. I will still do any of that, but mostly only for close friends.
2. Star is allergic to changing seasons and breaks out in a rash ever spring and fall.
3. Leo's wonky claw on one of his extra toes is so hard to trim that it takes all my strength and two hands, and it has little or no quick or blood supply.
4. I dislike shoes. Always have. I grew up in the country, in the woods, and I would run through the backyard barefoot which was treacherous not only for all the trees dropping sticks, acorns, random pricker bushes, but also because my mother let the chickens have the run of the yard and I had to avoid their... deposits..
5. Greg is 6 foot tall and burly, but babies and kitties trust him implicitly. Nothing puts babies to sleep faster than being held in his huge hands and being rocked softly. Let me tell you how important that was when I was watching my twin nieces! I would be so frazzled by the end of the day because they wouldn't go to sleep and they had the horrible habit of crying so hard they'd stop breathing! Ever see a purple baby? It was an every day occurrence.. But I'd call Greg, he'd come after work, take them, sometimes one at a time, sometimes both at once, and within five minutes, I kid you not, they were sleeping like... babies!
6. I had so many kitties growing up, 17 at once was the highest number at one time. Once a kitten bit my hand hard in the morning, foamed up and died in my arms that night. My mother had to have the humane society pick up the body to see if it was distemper or rabies (lived in the woods remember, lots of wild critters). When the man came he offered to take some of the other kitties since we had way too many. I had to pick and choose which could go and which had to stay and watch as he stuffed them in a sack. I'm still haunted by that memory..
No rabies, I was fine.
7. Greg is 8 years older than I am. He didn't really have pets growing up. He did have a grandfather living with the family for a while and he had a dog, but either Greg didn't like it, or it didn't like him. They had a bunny when he was older. Oh, and he hand raised a baby squirrel that fell from a nest. He says they have the softest bellies in the world but the rest of the fur is a little course. It would make so much noise when he was trying to do homework that he'd have to take it out of it's cage, put on an army jacket and let it sit in his pocket. He would also wrestle with it using his hand as another 'squirrel' and it never bit him and never used it's claws. Except to climb the army jacket.
Whew! I thought of seven things!
Now, there is no way I can come up with 15 bloggers who haven't gotten this yet.. So I'm just going to list a few.
The Blog of Otis
The Furries of Whisppy
Hannah and Lucy
Please visit them, especially if you've never met them!
Oh my gosh oh my gosh! Tomorrow is Leo's birthday blow out!!!! Oh is it going to be wild!!
And then! Tuesday! The BIG news that's going to be FUN FUN FUN for everyone!!!!! Oh I can't wait! I'm so excited! And after reading a few comments, especially yesterday... I was giggling so hard! Because I know and obviously they don't! Oh my gosh is it gonna be fun!!!!
Hint? Ok, I'll give ya a hint!