Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Adopt a Cat Month

Did you know that June was the National Adopt A Cat Month? 5 days in and I can't believe I haven't mentioned it!

 


Especially since I adopted Star in June 11 years ago when she was a two year old mommy kitty! At least I think it was June and I think I've pretty much decided to use June 1st as her 'official' gotcha day. Unfortunately I was too messed up to get that out there and give her a gotcha day party so I'm planning on that for later this week to make it up to her!

Leo, of course, was also adopted from the amazing and wonderful Chrystal and she has plenty more, including Leo's sisters, who need homes, so consider adopting from her, please.



See the picture above? I really really believe that is true! I rescued Star from being tossed out by her former family, and Chrystal rescued Leo from life as a feral. I could not ask for two better kitties, I couldn't ask for more perfect ones for my household.

Ok, I could ask that they get along better... but I don't think that's the most important thing, especially after seeing how many other bloggers have kitties that don't particularly love each other. My kitties get individual love and attention, they just don't get it from each other. I still say they're perfect!

So my request of you is, hug your kitties, whether they like each other or not (or the hugs!) because yesterday was hug your cat day but you can carry over! And if you can, adopt a kitty this month! And seriously seriously consider adopting from Chrystal because those rescue kitties really are the best breed! If you absolutely cannot adopt, share the thought, and blogs, with everyone you know, and if you can, donate to those who do the rescuing. (I think you know who gets my vote for those donations, but I know there are lots of other worthy rescue places out there, just please help the kitties if you can!)

Alright, I'll stop preaching to the choir now! And end with this: I LOVE KITTIES!!! Don't you??

10 comments:

Random Felines said...

Great post!!! Though we vote that EVERY month should be adopt a cat month (or as sparkle calls it - adopt a feline overlord month - MOL)

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I agree.. great post. and happy gotcha time of the year :D

But I wanted to say I just love that image that Beth did. I love all her work and I so want her to make me a blog template, but she never replied to my email asking.. *shrug* that's OK, I still love her talent.

Sweet Purrfections said...

Great post. Chrystal does something wonderful.

Photo Cache said...

oh we didn't know that either. maybe we could borrow that photo/illustration you featured here so mama can share it on fb.

Emma and Buster

Ivan from WMD said...

I think everybody should have at least FIVE. ;-)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

WE *agree*!!!

Rescue kitties make the BEST friends!

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Katie Isabella said...

I love all kitties. Yours, mine, the entire CB's kitties and I'd love and kiss and hug them all every day of only I could.

Gigi said...

Ugh, still with the hugging stuff? No thanks!

Adopting kittehs on the other hand? Ess-yay, please!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We got hugged LOTS!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I couldn't agree more, rescue breed rocks!!!