Sunday, July 3, 2022

Good News All Around

 Y'all, we gots good things happenin' finally! 
 
Leo: I do too know how to share, I don't know what everyone's talkin' about.. 
Glitter: Dude, it's because you usually try to chase us girls off when you wanna sit somewhere.
Leo: I never!
Cashmere: Dude... 
Glitter: Seriously, dude. 
Leo: Ok ok But that doesn't mean I don't know how to share, I just usually don't choose to! 
 
 
And this isn't even the good news!
 
See their daddy's feet in the picture? He's finally, after six months! finally out of the boot/cast/thingie! He's not walking all jaunty and without a care, but he is walking without the boot! Looks like he will not need surgery and will be able to go back to work probably by the end of the month! Things are looking up for our guy! 
(and the trial is finally going to start for the guy who hit him, fingers crossed that all works out right!) 

The other good news is Leo! You may or may not know that I'm always lamenting about his weight and begging him to please please eat more and put on a pound or two, anything! I just want him to have a buffer for when he gets sick, which is every spring and fall. Him and Glitter, allergy season or air/heat changes really gets to them. EVERY time he gets sick, he loses weight and I swear never puts it back on. But this time! He (and Glitter) went in to the V. E. T. for their usual snotty eye goopy issues and since we cannot pill them, they got long acting shots and a return in two weeks for a second one. Well at his second trip in, HE GAINED!!!!! 
 
Leo put on two whole ounces in two weeks!!! I nearly cried! 
 
You have no idea... It's so hard when they are skinny in the first place and are not food motivated. This is such a huge relief for me. And I'm so proud of him! 

Glitter gained four ounces, but she's a substantial kitty cat normally and has a bit of a buffer so, ya know, not as big of a deal but I'm glad she's healthy. 

Cashmere, by the way, never gets sick, and is at a good weight all the time. Stable Mable, that girl, lol

So there ya go, they all laid on daddy without fighting, daddy's getting better and is outta that boot, and Leo gained weight! We're just rockin' along here!

13 comments:

pilch92 said...

That is all wonderful news. I completely understand your wanting Leo to have a buffer. XO

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's a lot of good news and worthy of a happy dance, but your Dad can sit this one out!

The Island Cats said...

That’s great news about your dad! And paws up for Leo gaining some weight. I purr he gains some more. ~Ernie

Fur Everywhere said...

That is great news! I was in one of those boots for about six months myself many years back. I bet your dad is very glad to be out of it!

Good job putting on some weight! Carmine is the same way. He has always been skinny, and I'm constantly trying to get him to eat more.

M Dawson said...

Fantastic you have healthy kitty news AND healthy dad news. I bet he is so glad to be walking with a bit more confidence not stepClunk stepClunk!

meowmeowmans said...

Hooray! That is such wonderful news, especially about your dad, and Leo gaining weight. Woot!

The Swiss Cats said...

Wonderful news ! We're so happy for you all ! Purrs

Summer said...

That is all such great news! Especially about the male human.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is great news for everyone! Your dad must be relieved to get rid of that boot.

Katie Isabella said...

I am totally HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY about ALL that great news. Leo...someone wants to put a paw on you...you know what she means? And girls...hooray for you. Greg~ I am truly so glad for you. Been long time!!!!

catladymac said...

Gkad for all the good news ! Purrs !

cats and dogs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

May all the good things continue!