Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Warm Floors At Last!

We have carpet!! I haven’t had time to write because we’ve been busy, and then no sleep, and then sleeping all day making up for it.. Well, it was a long process, but we have carpet!

That meant, of course, that Leo spent another day under the bed. Star hid as well, but she came out once when it got all quiet. It took ALLLL day because first they had to repair the cement that Greg had repaired by the door. If it’s not smooth enough then all the bumps show through the vinyl.

But it’s all in, and it’s even more beautiful than I thought it would be!

Here’s the first view, before the cats got up the nerve to come down.



Star took a peek from the stairs. The stairs are in the solid coordinating color to match the patterned carpet.

Is it safe to come down yet?

Then Leo had to check it out.
Ooooo soft and cushy!


Leo got all over faster than Star, who kept herself hidden, or followed her daddy while Leo snooped.
Leo: Hey, can I use this as a scratchy?
Mom: NO!
Leo: Ok, ok, I’ll just.. stretch... hee hee


He then checked out the Vinyl by the door and in the closet.

This stuff isn’t cushy, but I think I like it anyway, it’s not lumpy like the cold stuff we’ve had lately!



Yep, I think I like it all, where’s my snack?

Star was happy to get her snack, hiding all day makes one hungry.

What do you mean we’re messy and have to have our snack bowls on paper plates until we get mats? I’ll have you know I’m a perfect lady, even when I eat. The crumbs around my bowl are from... the barbarian! Yes, you know he always licks my bowl clean! And I lick his clean.. but that’s because he’s sloppy! See!


Well, I’m happy! I got the Royal Footstool AND I get to play!


Star: When’s my turn?
Leo: uh... Tomorrow?

Look what Greg saw! This is a first! No growling! And I finally get a side by side picture of my babies! Leo is laying down, looking nervous and defensive, and Star is sitting up looking curious. And no fight!


Here’s a peek at the pattern. I love four things: Kitties, roses, blue, and butterflies. If only there were kitties playing with butterflies in some of those octogons hexagons! Still, I think it’s gorgeous.

Over the next week or so, we’ll be getting everything back in. Well, just the stuff we want, I’m taking the opportunity to declutter a little. Of course, all the moving around willl probably make the kitties hide again.. But I think they'll be happy when it's all done. I know I will!

(Thanks threecatyard for pointing out that I meant hexagon not octogon!)

4 comments:

Hilary said...

Reminds me of my cat Alex.... when I tell him he can be a little slob, he also tells me he is purrfect

Anonymous said...

Nice carpet!

Those are hexagons, though.

To tile a floor with octagons you need little squares as well.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

lol, ok, that's what I get for writing in the middle of the night.. I know better! I'm gonna correct that!

meowmeowmans said...

Hooray! The floors look great. So glad everything is in, and you're all enjoying it. :)