Monday, April 25, 2011

Star's Obsession

So Star has an obsession... Probably more than one, but her main obsession, something she cannot resist, is wet hair. She loves it! It’s like the best catnip in the world to her! Any wet hair will do. The funny thing is, when it comes to my niece’s hair, the live in, not the twin, she doesn’t care if it’s wet or dry. She just wants that hair!

She will stick her head into the hair, roll around on it, dig at it with her claws, rub on the head it’s attached to, and generally act like she’s getting freaky in the ‘nip! Her purr is never louder than when she’s head deep in hair.

Ah niece hair.. yummy hair.. must love hair..
Bliss

If hair isn’t available, she’ll take a comb. If there’s a brush! Forget about it! She loves to rub on a brush. She will hold it in her paws and comb her face on it. And drool on it..

Brush brush brush... brushin' my face...

If the niece leaves a headband around? Oh yeah, she’s got it. She tries to roll herself up in the band. I know she’s a little kitty.. But not that little! Ponytailers? They work, but not as much fun as a headband. Mostly, I suppose, because she gets those taken away quickly as she can render them useless in about three minutes..

Ah headband... I wuv you..

It’s a weird feeling, to have your hair combed by kitty claws... And the poke holes in the shoulders can be a bear when she’s trying to reach up high enough. I thought perhaps it was a certain shampoo, but it doesn’t seem to matter what brand, scent, or type. It must be the feel, but then explain the nieces dry hair?

Whatever it is, we don’t try to explain it any more, we just giggle at her and let her go nuts. And really, she’s never sweeter, more apt to let you pet her without fear of losing a hand, than when she’s getting her hair fix. The cuddly, pet-me!, sweet attitude lasts for a good five minutes after she’s done with the hair. Then she’s back to her usual self. She’s not an overly cuddly kitty, taking pets only on her own terms. Except for those few minutes with the hair.

Give me a head with hair,
long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there, hair,
shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there, momma, everywhere, daddy, daddy

Hair, flow it, show it
Long as God can grow, my hair


My Headband... purrr

What?

5 comments:

love-from-alaska said...

heyy i dont know what she'll do when I leave but she even loves sleeping in my room! Always ALL over anything of mine!

Unknown said...

We stay away from wet hair 'cause that might mean we're the next ones to get our hair wet an' that isn't a furry good thing!

The Island Cats said...

Star, that's pretty funny that you like wet hair. I sometimes like my mom's hair when it's dry. I'll pull on it! Zoey loves the hair brush and will rub all over it. Mom wishes she would brush herself sometimes!

Ernie

Amy & the house of cats said...

Star that is so funny that you are into hair! I guess all us cats have our weird things we like though, so hair is certainly not a bad choice! So cute to see you rubbing on the brush - that must make grooming you a lot easier!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Star that is so cute. YOU are adorable and we think you need more hair, perhaps she would love a wig of her own.


>^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^<
Abby Ping Jinx Boo Gracie
purrin
xoxox
~ManxMnews