Sunday, May 27, 2018

Double Gotcha Day!

Four years ago we took the eight hour trip back to Illinois to get two of Leo's sisters! It was worth the trip to get Leo, and it was doubly worth it to get Glitter and Cashmere!


First I gotta show baby pictures! Cashmere is on the far left, Glitter in the center and that's Leo on the far right (Spritz is between Cashmere and Glitter, Tuxie/Trixie is between Glitter and Leo, they are watching the 6th sibling, Mitts, play on the floor)


Here's Leo in the back corner (over Spritz) Glitter in front and Cashmere behind Glitters ear! My goodness were they scardy kittens!

We had Leo for three years when we went back for Glitter and Cashmere. They'd been adopted out and returned in bad shape. I decided they were not going to go through that again or be separated since they were so bonded, that we got down there as soon as Greg could get the time off! I have never regretted that for an instant! They are the sweetest, most loving little darlings ever!

Leo had ridden home so well, mostly on my shoulder, that I thought the girls would too. That was NOT the case. Glitter was car sick most of the way and Cashmere was scared and confused and her sister was freaking her out. I saw next to the cage so I could pet them through the bars. Worked with Cashmere anyway, Glitter stayed too far away and just didn't want to be bothered. I'm so glad I had those moments petting Cashmere when she couldn't get away because she hid a lot when she first got here. She liked the pets, and I think she felt safe that I couldn't pick her up since she was behind bars, so to speak.

Thankfully it didn't take that long for them to settle in. They hardly needed or wanted the safe room/home base more than a few days and were not bothered by either Star's hissing of Leo's curiosity. This picture is from early June and they were already out for snack time and a post snack play session!
 
I'm so thankful for the girls. I thought I was giving them a good home and saving them, but they are what makes a good home (along with Leo!) and they save me every day! I adore them and I'm so grateful to Chrystal for letting me have three Winnie's Wishers to love and cuddle!
 
 
I have been asking you all, that if you could, please take the opportunity of Chrystal's vacation and Birthday to send something, either a donation or wish list item, to Winnie's Wish! You see what wonderful kitties come from there! And if you know Chrystal, or read her blog, you know how wonderful she is! So if you can, please send along some love and help the kitties of Winnie's Wish! (and help find them homes too, that would be so awesome!!) I elaborated more about donating on THIS post
 
Thank you all!
 
And happy Gotcha day to my sweet girls, I'm so glad I got to gotcha them!!

10 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Happy Gotcha Day to Glitter and Cashmere. We're so glad you went back for them and they have such a good home with you...and are with Leo again. :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Gotcha Day sweeties, I'm so happy you are right where you belong!

Katie Isabella said...

I remember those days for those babies and I love seeing the baby pictures too. That line up pf them is adorable.

Leo...you can come over to my girl cave today of you wanna. I need to rearrange the interior.

meowmeowmans said...

Happy Gotcha Day, Glitter and Cashmere!

pilch92 said...

Happy Gotcha Day Cashmere and Glitter! XO

Eastside Cats said...

Happy Gotcha Day, ladies!

Summer said...

Happy gotcha day to Glitter and Cashmere! I'm so glad you made the trip to get them after what they'd been through.

M Dawson said...

What a story! You ended up with three of them? How wonderful is this :-)

Chrystal Parker said...

I could NOT be happier that Leo, Cashmere, and Glitter are living with Andrea and Greg. These three kitties hit the jackpot!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Happy Gotcha Day!!