Friday, May 19, 2017

WTFriday

Don't you all have those pictures of your kitties that make you say What The Freak? I sure do! 'Cause kitties is freaky! Mine are anyway. And hey, I've seen a lot of yours so don't go thinking I'm alone in this! ;)

I might try to make WTFriday a thing for a while. If I don't forget.. because, ya know, I'm about as freaky as my kitties at times! hee hee

What gave me the idea for this was the following picture of Leo:


I took this picture because I could not tell WHERE the Freak Leo's head was! And that jumble of legs!
Who scrambled my kitty?!?
Some assembly required??
Contents may have shifted in transit?

Goofy boy...


As long as we're talking about freaky things. Did you notice Leo's Wonky claw? I don't think I've talked about it in a long while.. it's on one of his extra toes. The same toe on the other foot is a normal claw, it doesn't retract though, because there's no bone, or at least no attached bone in it, just kind of flops around. That one, the normal looking one, can get super long and really wicked looking! Especially if I don't keep up on the trimming. The wonky claw also does not retract and kind of flops around in a sort of boneless way. It is long and flat and very wide. Here's a close up:

 
It's half grown out here. When it's even longer the end will split into two pointy ends that look like a lobster or crab claw; you can see it starting to do that here. When I trim it, it looks like a little flat square. There's no quick, so I can trim it fairly short. Please note; it has it's own toe hawk!
 
Here's an old picture of it, when it was doing the lobster/crab claw split:
 
This was several years ago, look, no toe hawk!
 
That's my "What The Freak?" moment with Leo. Do your kitties have one?
 
 
 

7 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

Leo, I didn't see that last time you came over. I will ask that you show me. I wonder why it doesn't;t retract? I will ask mommy if I have any FF's. Freaky Findings.

Eastside Cats said...

I turned my head this way and that way, and I still cannot figure out which part of Leo is where, in this photo! FREAKY! I'm in love with his weird extra toe!

Summer said...

Interesting about Leo's claws - do you know, my human has never had a polydactyl cat? Not by choice, it's just worked out that way.

Photo Cache said...

MOL!

Emma and Buster

Brian's Home Blog said...

That looks like some assembly required Leo!

pilch92 said...

It does look like a crab claw, glad you keep it trimmed. He is a cutie.

Debra Taylor said...

Know what you mean by freaky kitties. We have a cat we rescued 2 years ago who sort of barks when he cries for attention. Freaky!

Pet lovers please check out my homeless cat blog for posts of the abandoned/feral cat colony I manage.

Debby in Arizona
http://www.RescuesAndMore.blogspot.com