Friday, October 24, 2014

Ah, Togetherness!

I've  been posting pictures lately of my three kitties getting closer together. Yes, they are all siblings, but I've had Leo for three years and the girls roughly half a year. I had wondered if they'd remember each other. Even if they didn't/don't, I figured that since they got along so well when they were together in the Winnie's Wish cathouse that they'd soon be friends here.

They have gotten along, and they have had moments of play. Then I went into the rehab facility and wasn't able to keep track of how they were progressing. Now that I'm home, I've been watching how they interact. I'm thrilled to see them sit in windows and doors together and I love to see them play. But no snuggles.

Until the pictures I posted yesterday. Glitter and Cashmere all lovey and napping together. That was wonderful!

And now this!

(crappy cell phone picture in low light, sorry)


That's Cashmere, who was sleeping there all nice and comfy. Leo was trying to sleep practically on my neck, which is fine for a while. But then I had to do something and I nudged him down. He stopped when he saw Cashmere there in a spot he likes to sleep in.

Then he decided that getting the spot was more important than having it alone! So he slowly, carefully, settled in next to Cashmere. Not quite snuggled together, but they are touching! Makes my heart sing!


We wish you all a very snuggly weekend!

16 comments:

Summer said...

Leo spent quite a bit of time learning to work around Star's standoffishness, and I think he has to relearn how to act around kitties (even those he is related to) that would probably not mind him close by!

Katie Isabella said...

You made my morning! Made it shine.

Unknown said...

Our house has 4 kitties. 2 are from the same litter and adopted almost together. Pumpkin came home on a Friday and by Sunday night we were all convinced that we'd forgotten someone, so we picked Tiger up on Monday morning. It took a while for them to become totally comfy in their new surroundings but since then theyNEVER snuggle together. They will snuggle the same human at the same time and they'll sleep on opposite corners of the bed. I have always wished to see a maze of orange and white tabby fur, but after more than 7 years, I guess I'm out of luck. On the other hand, if one brother gets in a scrap with an adopted sibling, human or furred, he has reinforcements running to the rescue of his first yowl. They seem to have established their connection there, even though Missy was here when they arrived and Hitch showed up about 6 months later and is only approx 2 months younger. Sometimes I wish I could read kitty minds.

Eastside Cats said...

It's taken 10 years for Chucky to rub on my ankles, so if you've got this kind of togetherness in a few months, then that's fantastic! Just keep giving the love1

The Island Cats said...

That's so great seeing them starting to snuggle together. :)

Hannah and Lucy said...

You'll soon be falling over all the with all the kitty snuggle piles.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Random Felines said...

that is so sweet....

noodlecat said...

Snuggle kitties!

Noodle and crew

Colehaus Cats said...

That's awesome! Have a great, snuggly weekend! Purrs...

Brian's Home Blog said...

Here's to a snuggly good weekend!

The Swiss Cats said...

Have a good snuggly week-end ! Purrs

Katnip Lounge said...

I bet by the time chillier weather sets in you'll have kitty piles!

Marty the Manx said...

Do you think that Leo is still cautious due to Star's treatment of him prior to the girls coming to live with you? Glad he decided to just try it :)

A Tonl said...

That is soooo sweet!!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Houston, the Leo has landed! We have achieved Snuggles...

meowmeowmans said...

Can you hear us all singing along with you? :)