Monday, July 23, 2012

Star Answers



On my Friday post, I got a question from the Slimmer Purr-sibs about what is a Kick-a-roo. Oh, it's just one of the most wonderful kitty toys EVER. According to Star anyway. They are made by Kong, but lots of other people make kicky toys. Basically, they are long, usually filled with some catnip, and great for bunny kicking while wrapping the front paws around them.

According to Star, they are second only to her butterfly toy! She has the cow looking one, and has licked it so much that it's got green stains from wet catnip.. yeah, it's just as yucky as it sounds, wet soggy toy, bleh! MOL She's a licker and a kicker!

Here's both kinds of kick-a-roos. The big one is a regular kick-a-roo, the little one is a kitten kick-a-roo. Star loves them both. In fact, when I picked them up to take this picture, the little one was soggy... She'd just been licking and kicking it.





Star didn't seem to care for my picking up her kick-a-roos, she jumped up to reclaim them! Since the blue one was already thoroughly sopping wet, she went after the big one.

Who told you that you could touch my kick-a-roos? These are mine!



All mine.. Kick-a-lick-a-grab-a-roo! Hee hee!!



Spitty commented that he would love to see a video of Star rubbing her toy over her face like he does. I knew I had some video's of that from a while back, so I looked for them. I will try to take new ones, but I don't always have something handy when she stars the rub rub lick rub thingie.

Hope these hold you over til I get new video, Spitty!
   


 


15 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

Star, we have had two types of kickaroos...and we ignored them BOTH! We may have to revisit them.

Sweet Purrfections said...

Truffle loves her kick-a-roo (Brulee tends to ignore the catnip toys in favor of Mom Paula's socks). She even brings it into Mom Paula's bed at night.

Cat said...

We have both types of kickaroos also and they are some of our all time favourite toys...second only to Dabird :-)

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I love our kickaroo, but Eric isn't a bunny kicker like me.
Flynn

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Star
You're making me want a kickeroo!

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Gigi said...

Oh! Star!! Those videos were SO exciting--especially #2 where I got to see so much of your delicately pink tongue. Mmmmmm. I'm all fainty now. I want to watch them again but the Human says I have to wait until later. XOXO

Katie Isabella said...

Star..I wish I loved MY kick a roos.

Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure do got that kickin thing going fur sure!

The Slimmer Pugs, Kitties, and Mama said...

Hi Star!
Thanks much'ums for answering our question.
Wesa will get mama to get us one for both upstairs and downstairs STAT!!
Much Luvums,
The Slimmer Purr-Sibs
Socks, Jack, Percy, Luna, & Golden

Sparkle said...

Kickaroos RULE!

Callie (a.k.a. Trouble) said...

Sassy likes her kickeroos also. Our Nip Naner is just a little green from the slobber!

Random Felines said...

we got a couple of those and LOVE them (and love the video - what a cutie Star is).....

The Furries of Whisppy said...

Out of the 7 kitties in this home, only Boomer plays with the Kickeroo...and only after I rub it in silvervine powder. I must say the Kickeroo is very good quality as it can withstand a lot of kicking!

LP said...

Star, you are an expert kickeroo-er!
Lewis used to love our kickeroos but no one uses them now. We liked the idea of rubbing catnip on them and will ask LP to get on that!

the critters in the cottage xo

Anonymous said...

yup! I am with Katnip Lounge...I don't like Kicker Roo at all, with silvervine or without...I don't like nip...we just give them t other kittehs...sigh... I am just not a druggy kitteh...