Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Furry Comfort

On the First Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Second Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Third Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Three Furry Mice
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Fourth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Four Jingly Balls
Three Furry Mice
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Fifth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Five Giant Feathers
Four Jingly Balls
Three Furry Mice
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Sixth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Six Fleecey Blankets
Five Giant Feathers
Four Jingly Balls
Three Furry Mice
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Seventh Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Seven Sheets A’playing
Six Fleecey Blankets
Five Giant Feathers
Four Jingly Balls
Three Furry Mice
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Eighth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Eight Snacky Beggings
Seven Sheets A’playing
Six Fleecey Blankets
Five Giant Feathers
Four Jingly Balls
Three Furry Mice
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Ninth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Nine Sparkle Balls
Eight Snacky Beggings
Seven Sheets A’playing
Six Fleecey Blankets
Five Giant Feathers
Four Jingly Balls
Three Furry Mice
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Tenth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Ten Laser Leapings
Nine Sparkle Balls
Eight Snacky Beggings
Seven Sheets A’playing
Six Fleecey Blankets
Five Giant Feathers
Four Jingly Balls
Three Furry Mice
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


If you’ve been reading here for a while, you know that my kitties do not get along. They chase each other, they don’t like being in the same room, they will not share us humans.

I have been sick recently, and cannot sleep laying down so I have been sitting up downstairs at night, trying to sleep there. (But my coughing is still keeping Greg all the way from down there!) Leo has totally taken over the bed upstairs and Star gets very little time up there so she’s been quite happy with this arrangement since she has me to sleep on. Which is funny because she’s Greg’s kitty (her choice) and doesn’t really pay attention to me unless she’s desperate.

Tensions between the kitties have been worse in the last few weeks, no idea why. The only time they come together, it seems, is snack time! Leo has spent more than just nights upstairs, he’s been spending a lot of the day up there too. Star has been stand-off-ish, but also bugging for attention.

So today was like a present! It’s gotten colder so blankeys are out downstairs, and last winter Leo has loved snuggling on them on the Royal Footstool. Over the hot summer though, he kind of abandoned laying between my feet there. Today he came down, saw a snuggly blankey on the footstool and decided to curl up.

I was beyond happy! Then Star wandered over. I thought he was going to run off, and she looked like she was going to leave too. But she decided to climb up me for a snuggle. I had both kitties on me for a snuggly nap! I’m telling you, when you’re sick, nothing beats a double kitty cuddle!

Oh but that was NOT the end of it! Either Star got too warm or my coughing started bothering her, so she decided to leave. Not far though, just over my shoulder on the back of the couch, which she has reclaimed from Leo who stole it from her a while back. (Does ownership of spaces change at your place too?)

When she went up, so did Leo. He crawled up for a good snuggle, which he also hasn’t done in a while. I’m gonna blame weather on that too because it seems he stopped in the summer. So first I had one between my feet and one on a lap/belly snuggle, then one over my shoulder and the other on a lap/belly snuggle!

Both in the same room, on the same human! I hope it’s more than just they feel sorry for sick mommy, and that it will lead to a more peaceful time around here, but I’ll take what I can get!
No pictures, I was snuggling too much to bother, sorry..

I have other pictures to share though!


Here's star giving niece 1's new blankey a stomp. I love it.. it's blue, it has roses, and it has a fleecy soft underside! She might not get it back... But that's ok, she hijacks my stuff all the time!
I know it's already soft, I have to stomp it anyway.


Leo still likes being under the tree. He thinks it's pretty cool under there.
Yer presents were more fun when they had paper and ribbons on them!


Twinkly lights are comforting... And I can see Princess Hissyface coming from a mile away! 

7 comments:

JC said...

Sorry you have been sick. My H has a bit of something too.

I have five cats and the girls do not like the boys. They tolerate them. The boys will nap together on the couch sometimes but not often.

I figure it's ok. They are safe and I always have someone to love with.

How special it must have been for you to have them both. I never get photos of great moments like that.

Brian's Home Blog said...

My sisters and I are all sending yo purrs and I hope you feel better really soon. I love the pics...makes me miss my tree!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

What a blessing.. May the love continue

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We hope that you start feeling better. We know all about not all getting along!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Hope you feel better. Both kitties were trying to comfort you, it's amazing how they know when we don't feel good. Believe me I understand about kitties not getting along. Abby is so jealous of anyone who comes near me, she chases the other 4 off with lots of noise and claws.
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Katnip Lounge said...

What a nice thing, your two calling a truce to snuggle! We have a couple of blankets that are so irresistible that even May Ling and Sweet Pea will share space.
I sure hope you feel better soon! I HATE being sick and I'm a rotten patient--The Horde sends you a ton of nice warm purrs.

Callie (a.k.a. Trouble) said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Sounds like the kitties are trying help you feel better.