Thursday, January 19, 2012

String Theory

Leo is the master of the super cheap toy! First, he loves feathers, a buck for half a dozen! His newest toy, which he drags around with him is even cheaper! It’s the string out of someone’s hoodie! We suspect it belonged to niece 1. All we really know is that it turned up one day with him and he’s been in love with it ever since!

He will play with it all by himself, flipping it around, dragging it off the bed and back up, rolling around on it. But he loves for us to play with him with it too.

Lately he’s been sleeping on it. It just lost about a four inch section, I think he’s guarding it from further losses. It’s clear that he loves his toy.

The pictures today were taken over a couple of days, on both the camera and my phone. As you can probably guess, I didn't get the phone because of it's great camera... (I got it because it's purple!)

I loves muh stringy 'n my stringy loves me...


*chomp!*


Mine! You no touch.


Swing stringy! I'll catch you yet!


Which way did stringy go?


There you are! *smoochy*


Whoopsie, missed..


Oh Stringy, you 'n me has tons 'o fun!

14 comments:

Whisppy said...

That string sure is fun. Do be careful though, as cats do have a tendancy to swallow strings. Felix swallowed one once (I didn't know) and stopped eating, vomitted, was pretty miserable and we couldn't figure out why even after 2 vet visits. We were very lucky that it came out a week later without causing any other problems.

Stitchabilities said...

The simple things are the best!!

Fur Everywhere said...

It's funny what kitties find amusing. Like Whispy said, just be sure kitty doesn't eat it.

I'm glad the new toy is providing lots of entertainment! :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

That sure does look like so much fun! Simple toys are often the best!!!

Random Felines said...

We agree - don't eat it. But it certainly looks like fun. We gets a ribbon sometimes to play with when mom can supervise....the kittens are baffled when they follow it down the hall. MOL

All4UrPet said...

Wow, you look like you had so much fun with that stringy! You should be an inspiration to all cats (and dogs) everywhere to find inspiration with "super cheap toys!" That'll save mommy's and daddy's everywhere a lot of money! Hehe

LizAnn

All4UrPet Representative

http://all4urpet.com/



Check out the App store for Android and iPhone to download our mobile application! Simply search All4UrPet.

The Monkeys said...

We love some things that are not supposed to be toys, but are really fun too (wine corks, plastic rings from milk containers)! We definitely understand you Leo.

Callie (a.k.a. Trouble) said...

Forget all the expensive toys from pet stores. I love the free plastic milk ring best of all.

Robyn said...

Leo's a smart boy, cheap toys are the best! I staple-gun hoodie strings to the cat trees, and the kittens will bat at them for hours. They also really like the plastic packing straps that come around some packages - they drag them from one end of the house to the other!

Cathy Keisha said...

Nice to meet you Leo! I like strings too and especially springs. Anything that falls to the floor is mine. I read that one of your guys is fresh, just like ME! It's always nice to meet another cat with Catitude!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

That is a pawsome string. Mom has a string she lets me play with right after a good...amen...litterbox visit. I had been feeling very frisky and then I play. But no so much the past 48 hrs.

Thank you for your kind words Leo. I am back from the Vet and Mom is praying I regain my appetite.

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

The Island Cats said...

We find the bestest toys are those that are supposed to be toys! Have fun with your string, Leo! It's kinda like a long snake, isn't it??

Oui Oui said...

The simple things in life are the best. The best toys are the things that aren't toys - bag ties, strings, hair ties. paper clips and whatever else we can find.

GLOGIRLY said...

Hiya!
I love strings too...but sadly I can't play with them anymore because of something my girl likes to call "the ribbon incident." It was long, thin, pretty and pink. I couldn't resist. But when she wasn't looking I ate it. The whole thing. I had emergency surgery and almost didn't pull through. But now I like wadded up paper ALOT. It's crunchy, lightweight and flies like the wind when I bat it around!
(((huge purrs)))
Katie