Sunday, December 12, 2021

Piper

 If you're a long time reader, you may recall that I got my mother a cat for mother's day in 2017. Piper was a very chubby sweetheart that soon became my mom's best buddy. 
 
When we lost my mom in 2019 Piper went to live with my sister. Actually, she moved in with her while my mother was in the hospital and rehab. Piper missed my mom but came to love my sister and her husband too. 
 
My sister and her husband moved into my mom's old house and Piper was back in her home, and happy, and loved. 
 
Yesterday, suddenly, Piper passed away in my sisters arms. 
 
Earlier this week Piper was at the vets, they couldn't find anything seriously wrong with her except that she seemed anemic. They weren't going to do any extensive testing at the moment, more wait and see because she should be ok. The vet did talk about possibly doing leukemia testing in the future. 
 
I know cats can hide sickness for a long time, but this was a shock. I think we're all in shock. 
 

 I think it's only fitting that her memorial picture has her with her paw on my mother urn. She passed away two years and four days after my mother.
Fly Free Sweet Piper, we'll see you at the rainbow bridge, where you are hopefully in my mom's lap. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Winnie's Wish Auction has ended, everyone has been emailed. Hopefully we'll have wonderful numbers to share with you all soon. Thank you for your support!

18 comments:

ZOOLATRY said...

Farewell, sweet Piper ... rest well forever.

The Florida Furkids said...

That's so sad. RIP Piper.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is so very sad and we're so, so sorry to hear about dear Piper.

meowmeowmans said...

We are so sorry to hear of Piper's passing. What a terrible shock.

Fly free, sweet Piper. You are loved and remembered forever.

Grimoirely said...

Im so sorry to hear about Piper, she seemed like such a sweetie, and was very well loved by everyone around her.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I do remember Piper and am so sorry about your sad news.

Random Felines said...

Oh no.... Purrs from us and Colony Cats

catladymac said...

We remember when you got your Mom sweet Piper. She will certainly be missed, but I imagine she and your Mom are cuddling again.

The Island Cats said...

Oh I’m so sorry to hear this about Piper. I remember when she came to live with your mom.

pilch92 said...

That is so sad. I am very sorry. XO

Summer said...

I'm so sorry about Piper. Purrs to you all.

Katie Isabella said...

I do remember...I am deeply sorry. Rest in peace Piper.

Cats of wildcat woods said...

I am sorry for this loss. Piper was so young.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Such a short time... We are sorry to hear and our tears fall on the desk...

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That is so sad, but there has been a lovely reunion at the Bridge!

Purrs,
Tama and Benny

John Bellen said...

This is terrible. I came to thank you for the kind words you left on my blog after Tucker died, and now I find that Piper has followed my boy. I am so glad that Piper was loved; she undoubtedly felt safe and content. Godspeed, Piper. Say 'hello' to my boy for me, please.

Cathy Keisha said...

I'm here late to pay my respects to Piper. She was so young but now she's together with your (and her) mom.

The J-Cats said...

We are so sorry We missed this last week, for some reason. May Piper have a happy reunion with your mother and fly free in the sunny fields beyond the Bridge until you are all reunited.