Saturday, March 20, 2021

Caturday Art

 I just had to play around with Leo's Sunday Selfie from last week because I love the picture so much! I had to stop myself from making too many art pictures with it!
 
Using Lunapic as usual, the first one is: 
Fairy
 
 
Nouveau
 
 
 Made a gif with Shamrock
 
 
Sketch2
 
 
Watercolor

 And here's the original

That was fun! I think I actually like the sketch2 one best this time because of how it highlighted his fur!

~~~~~~

More information on the upcoming Fancy Velvet Kitty Sofa Raffle!
I've decided that it will start on Leo's Gotcha day! It'll be this Friday the 26th! I think that's about a perfect time since he was a Winnie's Wisher and the raffle is to help the kitties of Winnie's Wish Cat Rescue and Sanctuary!

The original Fancy Sofa was in an auction quite a few years ago and was won by Robyn of Love and Hisses fame. It's still getting a lot of use by kittens and cats alike there. Robyn graciously said I could use her pictures to show that one off. Here it is with some of her foster kittens enjoying it:


I loved the Fancy Sofa but it was the only one I ever made because it was not exactly as easy as it looks. I still have the yarn I got at the same time to make one for my kitties and have never made it! 
Then I started seeing that someone was making the fancy sofa out of velvet yarn! Now, I love Velvet yarn, even though it comes with it's own challenges, but I never ever thought about using it for a fancy sofa! But I love it! Those velvet fancy sofas were raffled off by the cat rescue Love and Hisses Robyn fosters for and they have been a big hit. 
Well, after seeing those, I couldn't NOT make one, so I got me some of that Fancy Velvet Yarn and made a Fancy Velvet Sofa! 
I did make this one a bit bigger just because the yarn is bigger and you have to use a bigger hook and I didn't want to do the math to make it fit the original dimensions, lol!

Here it is again, so you can, hopefully, fall in love and want to buy a raffle ticket and thereby help the kitties of Winnie's Wish!

Remember, Fancy Velvet Cat Sofa Raffle begins Friday, March 26th!

~~~~~~~~~~



13 comments:

pilch92 said...

These are all beautiful. I think fairy is my favorite. And yes, I will buy a raffle ticket. XO

Summer said...

These are really cool art effects for Leo's photo. We love the sofa... but it made my human just a teensy bit sad because she thought about how nice it would have matched Boodie (and Boodie would have loved it too).

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Those all came out great. Love the photo too!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Watercolour is my favourite followed by Fairy, but they are all lovely.

The J-Cats said...

They are all lovely but Our favourites are the furrst one - and the Original, of course.

Katie Isabella said...

I love the original...the sketch2 and watercolor. I will buy a ticket too.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those are all such wonderful and artsy masterpieces!

Timmy Tomcat said...

We love all of Leo's photos but the one with Fairy is really special just like he is. That is a super nice cat bed! We are going to ask Dad to buy a bazillion tickets to improve our chances of winning and after all it helps the Wishers! What could be better!

Marvelous Marv said...

Leo is such a handsome cat and your art just makes him more stunning! I remember the kitty sofa! It is even more stunning with kittens on it! And the new one with the velvet yarn ROCKS! You do such awesome work. We will be back for the raffle! Have a marvellously Happy Day!

meowmeowmans said...

We love that photo of Leo, and the art sure did turn out nicely. We think Nouveau is super cool!

The Swiss Cats said...

Really cool art, and beautiful selfie ! Purrs

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We told Mom to put it on Her CALENDAR and she had better listened to US. The sofa looks super comfy.

Leo's artwork is magnificent they were all so good and we don't blame you for using that picture again it's GREAT.The Watercolor is our favorite, but they are all wonderful and have something unique to offer.

Eastside Cats said...

They all are great!