Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I know what I should have done! I should have saved yesterday's picture for today and used it for Thankful Thursday! Right! Did you see it?? All four of my kitties in the SAME PLACE! And Star, Ol' Princess Hissyface herself, NOT HISSING! Napping in fact!

No, she was not napping first and then everyone else came up, she finished her snack and went to lay by the door, not caring where everyone else was! Now, Leo's bowl is the one closest to her, he had left already but came back after she layed down. Cashmere is cleaning up Star's bowl even tough you can see her bowl next to Glitter is not empty.

Glitter will go from bowl to bowl and nibble a bit from each. I think she has to make sure everyone else got the same thing.. Cashmere will also taste from all the other bowls, just usually after a bit. It's actually unusual for her to be in Star's bowl while Star is in the same area! And seriously unusual for her and/or Leo to be that close and not be getting growled at!

What about Glitter getting growled at, you may ask? Go ahead, ask, I'll wait. La la la de da.. Sorry, what was that? You want to know about Glitter and growling from Star? Well so do I! It's the funniest thing! Star does not growl or hiss at Glitter (much)(knock on wood that I didn't just jinx it!) We think Star kinda might almost sorta in her own way maybe might not hate Glitter!

This might be because from the moment she arrived, no matter what Star did, hiss, growl, carry on, all Glitter does is sit there, sometimes look at her like "What is your big hairy deal, lady?" or basically ignore her. Cashmere will do that a lot of the time, but she will also run off, giving Star the win. Glitter makes every encounter a draw or a nonevent.

It's really kind of awesome!

Here's another thing for my list of things to be thankful for! And it happened just last night!
With this girl:
(Oh no, she's only got two legs! What happened?? :)  Seriously, does that look comfy?)
Hello kitties and peoples. I'm kinda thinking I kind of like it here now.

Cashmere was supposed to be the shy scared one. In fact Greg keeps asking me if I got their names mixed up! As if! These are Leo's sisters so I've kept my eye on them from the start! Anyway while Glitter is NOT shy, she also won't come up anywhere with a person.

She wants all her pets and loving while she's standing firmly on the floor. Or occasionally while she's on a cat tree. She does not come sit by anyone on a couch and she most certainly does not go on anyone's bed which means she won't sleep with anyone either.

Cashmere has been coming up on my bed every once in a while for some time now. She will sleep between my feet when she feels like it and when she notices that I'm awake she will stomp up to my chest to get tons and tons of scritches and pets and snuggles and lovings! And yes, I'm thankful for that, but that's not new (think I've mentioned it before here).

Last night Greg sort of woke up, as people do, to shift positions, not really awake awake, just not asleep, and he bumped into something. He opened his eyes and it was Cashmere! Right up next to him. And his bumping her didn't make her run! He went back to sleep, bumped her again a few more times and still, she stayed right by him. So sweet! (When she sleeps with me and I move my legs, she will usually leave, she doesn't give me many second chances.)

When his alarm went off, Cashmere was gone. Sort of, she'd moved down to sleep by his feet! Now, I know that it might seem like Greg is taking my kitties.. but I'm just so thrilled that Cashmere is so comfortable here that I don't mind! (much) I think it's cute the way she follows him around!

The way Leo does.
And you all know Star thinks he hung the moon...
Maybe I should be worried..

Nope, sorry, not gonna think about it. Not today. Not Thankful Thursday when I'm thankful for so many things!

First, that all of my kitties were together in that first picture with NO HISSING!
Second, that Star seems to be forming some kind of friendship or at least non-hate-ship with Glitter!
Third, that Cashmere is settling in SO well after just one month!
Fourth, that Cashmere slept with Greg and didn't run when he moved!
Fifth, that I have the kind of guy that kitties love and even though he will deny it to the end of days, that he's a real cat guy who loves them back!

I hope you have lots to be thankful for today too!

20 comments:

Hannah and Lucy said...

Concats on the no hissing while the camera was taking the group picture.
It looks like Cashmere has a crush on Greg!
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Random Felines said...

those are such wonderful things to be thankful for!!!

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Grrreat things to be thankful for !
Me prefer to sleep next to my dad-person too :)
XOXO

Rene said...

Oh what great shots!

Anonymous said...

Dat's pawsum. Meez so happy fuw ya'

Luv ya'

Dezi

Anonymous said...

If he keeps taking "your" cats it just means you can adopt more!

Sparkle said...

Greg sounds like he is some sort of kitty magnet!

John Bellen said...

I wish some of that not-hissing would rub off on my foster-cat, Cammie. But everything in its own time...

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

very very impressive indeed! I too would be very thankful!

The Slimmer Pugs, Kitties, and Mama said...

Wesa thinks Mr. Greg must do something special for the kiddos whens yousa not around Mama Andrea.
Many Purrs,
The Slimmer Purrsibs
Jack, Luna, Percy, & Golden
(3 who love our daddy...and Luna who loves her mamas)

Cats Herd You said...

Cat Guys are special, so paws up for Greg! We're glad that the girls are settling in so well.

Quill and Greyson said...

Sounds like they are all settling in really well!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Fab pictures as always, and great things to be thankful fur too!!!

Wishing mew all a supurr Friday

Bestest purrs

Basil xox

meowmeowmans said...

This just makes us so, so happy! :)

Katnip Lounge said...

You were MEANT to be a four-kitty family! Scott steals all the felines at our house, too!

bugger.

sandy l said...

I'm so glad things are working out so well. Yay for the Celestial Kitties!!

sandy l said...

I'm so glad things are working out so well. Yay for the Celestial Kitties!!

Marty the Manx said...

I can't believe it has only been a month either. There has been so many advances in the girls settling in! So glad the kitties love their Dad!
Marty and Mom

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

WE are thankful you all are getting along so well! And as for tolerating movement in bed, Iza is tops here. Ayla an me dont like the waterbed movement much, but Iza either sleeps the sleep of the dead or is REAL tolerant! ~ Marley

Gigi said...

Wow--you gots a regular peaceable kingdom going on there, Kitties. I has the impressed!

Star, you are handling yourself beautifully with the Barbarian and the Intruders. I can't understand it, to tell you the troof....are you getting softie-soft (like me) or is you hatching some secret plot??? XOXOXOXO