Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tuesday Treats

It was a while ago, (part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4), that I shared about that treat toy thing that was not a hit with my kitties. The one shaped like a cat with a round bottom where you put crunchy treats in it's belly and stringy 'treats' in it's ears. The cats did not think the stringy treats were food and they were not fond of the rocking crunchy treat distributer either.
 
I still hoped that some kind of treat dispenser would be fun for the kitties, so when I got some cases of cat food and saw that on the cardboard box there was a cut out thing, I cut it out! If you folded it up right and made cuts in all the right spots, this thing would turn into a treat dispenser toy that the kitties could bap around and let the treats fall out as they do.
 
I realize that the cat shaped plastic thing was supposed to do the same thing. But with the weighted bottom, if they didn't knock it in the right direction, nothing happened except it rocked.
 
Anyway, this wasn't exactly a ball, but it was roll-y enough that I thought it might work. Glitter and Cashmere were quite interested.
 
 
Glitter: Mmm I know that smell.
Cashmere: Well, get your nose out of the way and let me get a smell too.
Leo (front foot in the top right of picture): What is it? Whatcha got?
 
 

Glitter: Treats!
Cashmere: Oh yay! Seriously, sis, lemme in there..
Leo (back foot in top right of picture): Oh, is that all. Bye
Glitter and Cashmere: *crunch crunch*
 
 

Cashmere: There's more in there, I can see them!
Glitter: Ok, you got your look, now give it back!
 
 

Glitter: *bap, crunchcrunch* This thing holds a lot, doesn't it?
Cashmere: *crunchcrunch* Yeah it does, give it another whack, ok?
 
 

Glitter: Why do I get the feeling that you haven't figured out how to get the treats out?
Cashmere: I know how! I stand aside and let you do it!
 
 

Glitter: I think.. I'm not gonna whack it again until you get bored and go away.. Then they'll all be mine!
Cashmere: That's not very nice. *Yawn* Ok, I'm bored. I'm gonna go play with a toy. Save me some ok?
Glitter: Oh sure... I'll save some.. *whisper* In my tummy..
Cashmere: What was that?
Glitter: Nothing, nothing. Say, isn't that your mousie over there?
Cashmere: Yes! Bye!
Glitter: Hee hee *crunchcrunch*
 
 
 
Well, I think this treat toy is a hit. And free to boot! That's a hit in my book any day!

13 comments:

Hannah and Lucy said...

Wow those treats are going down well and it seems they enjoy fishing them out of the dispenser.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh oh oh please tell us what box that is so that the mom can get some for us!!!!

Eastside Cats said...

Don't tell The Hubby about this...he'll make one human-sized, and make me work out to get any food...roflol!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Treats are great but we have been admiring their glorious shiny coats! So beautiful!

Purrs,
The Chans

Summer said...

Now, that looks like fun! Although I bet Binga would destroy it, trying to get the treats out.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

SCORE!!!

The Swiss Cats said...

Fun AND treats, how cool ! Purrs

Ramblingon said...

This here be Katie Isabella and I'm here to say aint no way I will use a treat ball. I wish I would cuz you are all enjoying it.

Layla Morgan Wilde ( Cat Wisdom 101) said...

Free toys are often best :-) With Pull n Play there are four flavors. Maybe you got a flavor they didn't like? It was a big hit at my house. Did you tag Friskies with your review? I think they'd appreciate it.

pilch92 said...

We had one of those, I wonder what happened to it? It looks like you are having fun.

The Island Cats said...

Well, that's a fun way to get some treats!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Well, WE sure love our "EGG". It holds kibbles inside and there is one hole in the top where you tap the egg over and a couple fall out. That's good fer an hour of fun here.

A Tonl said...

hey, wow, cool! A cutout! (We sometimes use empty dixie cups at the shelter. Add a few treats, smoosh the top in and rattle it then toss in a kennel)