Thursday, December 4, 2014

Catching Up With Sir Moose-a-lot and Leo Update

I meant to write this post last night and post after midnight, but I fell asleep.. But that means that now Leo is back from his recheck at the regular vet and I can update you on him!

No fever! Yay! He's on the mend, but is still not 100%. He has to continue his antibiotic and eye ointment. He did put in drops and look into the eye to check for damage and there is none, thank goodness.

He did suggest one reason that Glitter only got sneezes and Cashmere kicked it so fast while Leo got so sick and it's hanging around... and it's my fault. The girls got their booster vaccines just before we got them. And I've let Leo's slide like a bad kitty mommy.. I'm terrible, I never think about it. And as long as he's healthy, I don't make appointments just for boosters and check ups. Bad mommy!

I've learned my lesson about booster vaccines. I hope you all learn from my mistake and don't have to go through this with your kitties! Apparently they are more important than I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to Moose!

Sir Moose-a-lot Roadkill Goodyear Thunderbottom is my mom's cat. Well, was my dad's big buddy and cuddle companion before the rotten cancer took him from us last year. Moose mourned, as we all have. I'm glad to report that he is back to his happy playful self now. He's even lost a little weight and I'm sure those who recall him from other Moose reports, that this is a good thing! He's still a huge cat, no doubt, but at least he's dropped a few ounces!

I took some pictures and video's on Thanksgiving when we were over there. Most of the pictures were too dark.. Well, so are the video's but I'm sharing them anyway!

Here's moose with his mousies
I like you best, little grey mousie. For the moment..


First very short video, Moose surrounded by toys.


None of my video's are very long, phone limitations..
In this one I had stuffed new nip inside that crocheted cat toy. He wanted it out of there!


And in the last one, I relented and gave him some nip on paper so he could eat it up.


Sir Moose-a-lot is doing well, as you can see! Happy boy with lots of toys! Now if I could just get the big lug to want to sit on my lap... Maybe he's got too many toys to be distracted by snuggles? ;)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please don't forget about our Cozy Kitty FUNdraiser! Things have been quiet on the order front for a while.. Winnie's Wish is in need of green papers to keep going, so if you can help, please do. If you already have a kitty bed or are not interested, please consider sharing, tweeting, posting about the FUNdraiser so we can reach more people and hopefully get more needed donations for Winnie's Wish!
http://celestialkitties.blogspot.com/2014/11/cozy-kitty-fundraiser-for-winnies-wish.html

Our FUNdraiser this time is a soft flannel kitty bed or mat in the design of your choice for a minimum donation of $20! Everything above postage and a little for materials goes directly to helping the kitties of Winnie's Wish!

They are also in serious need of adoptions! Please consider sharing about one or more of the kitties too! You will find the adoptable kitties on the sidebar of Daily Dose.

Thank you!!

14 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Please do not beat yourself up over missing a vet visit or two! Seems to me you've had a lot on your plate recently, yes? As long as Leo is on the mend; it's good news! Moose is definitely a large fellow, and I am sorry that you lost your father. My dad left us over ten years ago, and it's still very difficult to talk about it without getting weepy.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Well that's good Leo and Sir Moose-a-lot news!!!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

We're so glad that both Leo and Mose are doing better!

#1 is pretty good about getting our boosters done, but that's good advice.

Purrs,
The Chans

Random Felines said...

a good reminder....sorry Leo had to get sneezy though....

Love seeing Moose - and so glad he is doing well

Photo Cache said...

very good news on both kitties.

emma and buster

Summer said...

Great news on Moose! I'm glad Leo is so much better, but I am sending more purrs to help his continuing recovery!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

first off, I am doubtful that the out of date vaccine made a difference. as long as Leo had his one adult booster, many vaccine experts say that the fvrcp vaccine lasts five+ years, I've heard up to seven. Many believe it is a life time immunity.

If perchance his vaccine did not provide him the immunity that it did the others, then giving another vaccine is not going to help. http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/titer-testing-dog/

If you choose to continue to vaccinate, please follow the AAFP guidelines of no more often than every three years http://jfm.sagepub.com/content/15/9/785.full.pdf+html

A Tonl said...

oh we're especially happy that Moose is coming out of his grief!!!

Fur Everywhere said...

Booster vaccines and check ups are definitely important. But please don't beat yourself up too much over this. We ALL make mistakes. Nobody is a perfect pet parent. What's important is that you love your babies (it's quite obvious that you do!) and that you do the best you can for them (which I know you do). They are lucky to have you <3

Cats Herd You said...

It's so good to see Moose feeling better. Grief is hard on the whole family, including the kitties. And paws up to the news that Leo is feeling better too!

Marty the Manx said...

Glad that Leo is doing better! Very happy that sir Moose-a-lot is playing and loosing weight :). Have a great week-end!

Saku said...

We is furry glad to hear that Leo is feeling better!

Moose sure enjoys his toys (and his food too, MOL)

Have a great weekend efurrybody!
Sasha, Sami, & Saku

The Island Cats said...

We're so glad Leo is feeling better. And that Moose is doing better too. Great news.

Gigi said...

Very pleased to hear how well Leo is doing! LOVED seeing happy Moosey--glad he has adjusted and is a happy companion for your Mom. Also, sent you an email about beddies! XOXOX