Thursday, December 18, 2014

Awkward Sleeper

Ok, I know. It's going to feel like Glitter is getting a lot of face time on the blog lately. But since she's going to endure a day at the 'spa' today, I figure she could use the attention.

By 'spa' I do not mean vet. I mean groomer. She's going for a much needed sanitary trim and claw clipping. But wait, don't I usually do the claws myself around here? Yes, yes I do. But sweet, gorgeous, gentle Glitter is a special case.

She's freaking strong!!!

Every time Greg tries to hold her for something, medicine, clipping, bathing, he gets clawed up. A lot. He's got battle scars from when she needed ear medicine for a week. He seriously could not hold her up for me to put the drops in. She's strong and can wriggle out of his grasp as no other cat has ever done! He wound up holding her on he floor between his knees, one hand on her back, one hand with the ear drops and hope like heck any got in before she shredded his legs by spinning like a weed eater on turbo!

The last time, ok, the ONLY time I clipped her claws I was only able to do the front ones. Mostly because she was using the back ones to eviscerate Greg while I clipped the fronts as fast as I could!

The next time she needed claws trimmed, she was already going to the vet for something else and he did it. He also gave her a sanitary trim. But, because as I said, she will not hold still, it was a horrible looking job, almost like a reverse Mohawk on one side and a wavy stuttering chop job on the other side.

I feel sorry for the groomers.. I really do. Last time they had Leo and Star with lots of mats and a sanitary trim on Leo. Leo's trim looked fantastic and they got all the mats and managed to make them look evenly trimmed at the same time. Unless you knew that Leo has huge pantaloons you wouldn't think he'd been trimmed at all! I had tried to do their mats, my cousin had tried to do their mats, it was impossible. So if anyone can work with Glitter, it's these people!

Still, I won't be surprised if it's a chop job and they ask us not to return.. But fingers crossed that it all works out!

So today's picture of Glitter! You have got to see this..



Do you see how her head is hanging down over the edge of the tree perch? There's what? a two inch rim on that thing.

And she is sound asleep.

If you think she might be cutting off her air supply and nearly strangling herself, you'd be right. When she does this and falls asleep heavily, you can hear her snoring and gagging! It's awful! It takes me hollering at her at least a couple of times before she wakes up too! Then she picks her head up, shakes it, curls back up with her head on the platform and goes back to sleep like it was nothing..

How can she do that??? Shouldn't it wake her up? Isn't it uncomfortable?

Silly kitty...


~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, on Tuesday I said I was going to post about what the Winnie's Wish FUNdraiser money was used for in Wednesday's post. Wednesday I fell asleep, posted late and went with a fast Wordless Wednesday post!
So I should do it today right? Yeah, but I'm not going to. I'm going to post it on Friday so it's up for the weekend. So we're asking that you stop back over tomorrow or on the weekend and see and maybe think about helping out Winnie's Wish or sharing the FUNdraiser on your facebook or blog or twitter or wherever you use social media.

Thank you!


http://celestialkitties.blogspot.com/2014/11/cozy-kitty-fundraiser-for-winnies-wish.html

Remember, for a $20 donation, you get a wonderful cozy kitty bed or mat or crocheted bed! At least $12 of that money goes directly to the kitties of Winnie's Wish! (The rest is postage and a small materials cost)
Please help in whatever way you can! And don't forget that the kitties are looking for great homes, so please share that need too! You'll find them on the side bar of the Daily Dose Blog!

Thank you!!

9 comments:

The Island Cats said...

We don't understand why the humans question our sleeping positions. Glitter looks very comfy there with her head hanging off like that.

Enjoy your spa day, Glitter. :)

Eastside Cats said...

Good luck on that grooming thing! Our Angel falls asleep with her head stuffed into the corner of a box. We think she'll suffocate herself, and she does end up snoring some, but that is apparently the way she likes it. Cats are weird!

Fur Everywhere said...

It seems like cats can sleep through anything!

We hope Glitter's visit goes well today.

Anonymous said...

Julie used to do the strangle-dangle all the time too.

Random Felines said...

the mom says that doesn't look comfy either.... hopefully she cooperates for her spa day (and mom says if it makes you feel any better, she has to wrap Ivy in a sheet and pin her down to clip her nails)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Annabelle is my smallest cat and I cannot trim her nails. So when it's time for any of the others to go to the Vet she gets to go as well just for a nail trim. She sits in frozen terror there and they get it done. IT isn't that she objects to it she refuses to be held by me. So I fully understand what you mean.

Saku said...

Funny Glitter! We hopes the groomers don't get too beat up, MOL

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

Marty the Manx said...

Oh good luck to Glitter and the Groomers!

The Swiss Cats said...

Enjoy your beauty day Glitter ! Purrs