Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Hello, My Name is Star, And...

Hello, my name is Star and I... I have a hair addiction problem.

There, I said it out loud. I guess that's supposed to help. I'm not sure I quite need a 12 pawstep program, but I realize that my problem has gone to an extreme level now.

It started with some innocent hair sniffing. Just the wet stuff. It's like.. ambrosia! I moved on to claw combing it, then rubbing my head on it, now I have to roll in it and  don't care if my claws puncture tender human skin or not, I HAVE to have it!

Then I moved on to dry hair. Ok, it has to be the right dry hair, but I'm addicted to it. From there I graduated to hair brushes. I rub and roll on them, drooling until they're soaked.. Yes, I know, it's a sickness.

I'm afraid my addition has recently taken an unexpected and serious turn. And I.. I'm not sure I'd be talking about it if I hadn't been caught in the act. sigh. I guess you're wondering how low I've sunk now..

I was caught rubbing all over... the dreaded, hated, awful... hair dryer! Yes! Yes, I know! The thing that makes most cats run for the hills! That awful, LOUD, hot air blowing, menace! And it does still make me run from the room, honest it does!

But then I found it.. unplugged and clearly defenseless, and.. oh, it smelled like hair! I.. I couldn't resist! I hugged it, I rolled around it, I rubbed my face all over it! I would have drooled happily into its mechanisms if I'd not been found out! Drat mommy and her stupid flashy box, she documented my shame!

Pardon my chin, dear formerly hated hot air thing-a-ma-bob..
 
 
 
Oh why do you smell so good, evil beast?
 
 
 
Who cares why, just let me scrape my teeth over your vent screens!
 
 
 
Uh oh... Mom? Um, how long have you been there? I wasn't doing anything, honest!


She didn't believe me.. Untrusting mommy. Sigh, so anyway, that's my story. Am I supposed to be repentant now? ..Not sure I'm there yet!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


If you haven't seen over at Daily Dose, three previously adopted Winnie's Wishers had to be returned, and one more from that family needs to stop hiding so she can be returned too. This puts them over their limit of rescue cats. Please help find homes so they don't get into trouble and so there's room to rescue more kitties!

Spread the word, if you facebook, share the link to Daily Dose. If you twitter, tweet the link. If you have friends who like cats, email them and ask them to forward it to their friends! If you blog, please mention them and link to them. If you meet with friends and family, talk about them! Do everything in your power to help these wonderful kitties find homes! If you have room in your heart and home, consider adopting yourself!

I know that Chrystal has had some email issues previously, so if you think you are having trouble contacting her, or if you can't post a comment on her blog (something I haven't been able to do for a while) then please email me at anniclan AT aol DOT com and I will get word to her.
Things are desperate, if there's anything you can do, please consider doing it.

Thank you! I love you all and appreciate you listening to me as I worry about this growing situation!

18 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

Star darling, I have a confession too. I am addicted to the YPS system here in the house that protects the computer and the modem and wifi thing's. Mom tries to keep me off but until I accidentally turned everything off...she couldn't think of a way. She has NOW! Leo..smooch!

Quill and Greyson said...

The first step is admitting you have a problem....

PS - I like to enjoy a little nibble now and then...

Greyson

Anonymous said...

Well done for facing your problem xx Merry Christmas

CatInTheFridge said...

Rocky has always had a mild hair thing, but never like yours. Have you seen someone? - Crepes.

The Furries of Whisppy said...

What a cute addition you have, Star. But the hair dryer? Yikes!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

de veree best oh fishes ta everee one at winnies that they ALL finds for ever...forevers homes N yet thiz month ...N star..it bee veree brave ta come kleen with yur addictionz///intervenshunz...N ya mite wanna try curlerz sum time !!! :)

Sparkle said...

We are not into hair around here - maybe my human's hair products just don't smell good to us!

Unknown said...

I will not do that but I like play mum hair while sitting in her lap.
Star you are different girl too!
XX

The Island Cats said...

Well, there could be worse addictions, Star...though hair is a new one for us.

Cats Herd You said...

OMC, the hair dryer? That thing can make sudden noise, Star!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Well StR you found the holy grail of hair! MOL

Gigi said...

Oh Star, you *do* have it bad don't you? But you are not alone! The Human's best friend had a cat named Willow. Willow was basically a good girl, though a little--odd. If you picked her up, she went straight for the hair. She rubbed, she nuzzled, she purred, she drooled. No matter that she had PLENTY of her own (furs thick and long)--no, it had to be HUMAN hair and the more the better. It was...weird. When you hung out with Willow, you came away with damp hair and a wet neck. She lived to be 20 though, so I guess it was good for her. I dunno if she ever developed a relationship with a hair dryer though. Maybe she kept that private. XOXOXOOX

John Bellen said...

Yes, I think Star has a problem, though I suppose she could have worse addictions. Poppy Q in New Zealand seems to like shoes...

Unknown said...

Star, me used to has a shoe addiction. Then one day, me just stopped!
Purrhaps that will happens with yous and hair....
Kisses
Nellie

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We dont unnerstand the addiction to yer furs, but we dont blame you purrsally fer it. All cats can be subject to "it" without being completely to blame. The fur is always there. The desire to lick the fur is allus there. In fact, licking fur is normally a good thing.

But when it gets out of control, there are ways to help reduce the addiction. Get friends to lick yer fur JUST enough to maintain yer coat. And then lick them JUST until their coats are licked enough and they move away.

With practice, you will learn the correct amount of fur-licking and may, someday, be able to learn to lick yer OWN furs the "enough but not TOO much amount".

Our purrs to you at this difficult time...

Gigi said...

Hello Star darling, I hope you manage to leave that dryer long enough to eat and drink. I don't wanna see you hanging out on skid row with a bottle of Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific.

LP said...

Spitty's comment is TOO FUNNY!

We were going to say you definitely have a hair fetish, Star!

Love, the Christmas tree and bulbs background on your blog. Looks beautiful!

the critters in the cottage xo

Gigi said...

Hi darling, I see you must be having some trouble getting your human to do your bidding, too. Mine has been willing to help me post, but we have hardly been visiting at ALL. Pfft. I am going to have to be more strict, I think. Got any good ideas? XOXOXO