Thursday, December 5, 2013

Hairy Obsession

I got a kick out of the comments from yesterday's video of Star and the hairbrush. Star is not a fan of being brushed. And that's not a kitty brush anyway. That's my brush! And I'd just used it on wet hair. Star's not so secret obsession is wet hair.

When she's done trying to climb my back to get at my wet hair, or after I've dried it, she goes nuts for the brush if I leave it where she can get at it. She rubs her face all over it, chews the bristles a little, and purrs up a storm while doing it. She'll fall asleep on it if given half a chance!

I know I've talked before about this obsession of Star's. And how though she likes anyone's hair when it's wet, she adores Twin 1's hair no matter what. Wet or dry makes no difference to her.

Star has never had much to do with Twin 2, mostly because Twin 2 is afraid of her a little. They've made peace in the last year so it shouldn't have shocked me to see what I recorded in today's pictures. I took these a while back and just haven't posted them yet.

Twin 2 was over and saw Star laying on the couch. She sat near-ish to her and leaned over to see if she'd do anything if it was her hair, not Twin 1's. I think the pictures speak for themselves..

Oh boy, hair! This seems so familiar!
 
 

Are you sure this is TSO? (The Scared One) and not TLO? (The Loud One)


Yes, Star, I'm sure. It's just now that The Scared One (what Star calls Twin 2) isn't so scared of you any more! Stands to reason you'd like her hair since she's The Loud One's uh, TWIN! hee hee


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dear friends, please keep up with, and spread the word about, Daily Dose/Winnie's Wish. There is a very desperate need for adoptions right now! And these great kitties deserve homes of their own, hopefully before Christmas. 
Donations are always appreciated to them, check out their Christmas Wish List link banner on the top right of their page.

If you need a gift for your kitties this Christmas, all of our FUNdraisers are still open and available! They support Winnie's Wish so check them out if you want.






If you do donate and want a FUNdraiser set, you MUST email me please, so I know which set and what configuration you want it in. I will update them all soon, but each are available with nip, or silvervine, or with nothing. Thank you!!

19 comments:

Random Felines said...

Love Star's hair obsession.

And have we mentioned how much you rock for the fundraisers? :)

Katie Isabella said...

Star, you sure make mommy smile (and me too) with your obsession! You go, girl. Leo, you are so sweet. I would love to have a play date soon as I am sure I'm not communicable (with the sneezing etc).

Marilia said...

I know some cats with hair´s obsession!

CatInTheFridge said...

Rocky loves momFOD's hair, wet or dry. You're nice to let your kitties play with it. Usually, momFOD just tries to make it look like i'm wearing a toupee. As if. - Crepes.

The Furries of Whisppy said...

That's such a cute obsession to have! We aren't much into human hair but that's probably because Mommy's hair is as short as Daddy's so there's no tumbling locks to hide in.

A Tonl said...

Allie: Oh Star! Humans simply do NOT understand a girlcat's need to have good hair - and have it looking good, too! Why I'll bet you try to comb it with your claws, too. We're JUST helping these silly humans LOOK stylish! *giggle!*

John Bellen said...

Cats don't have the chance to be obsessed with hair at my house: I don't have any - hair, that is.

Sparkle said...

Not being a fan of my human's hair, I don't get the whole hair thing. ;-)

meowmeowmans said...

Star, we think that's adorable. Mom and Dad both have short hair here, but we DO like to rub our faces in their hair. :)

Hugs!

Moosey, Gracie and Zoe

da tabbies o trout towne said...

we hope everee one at winnies finds de best Christmas present oh all...ther new for evers home !!!

Cats Herd You said...

We don't like hair, but Pierre LOVES hairbrushes. Star, you are too adorable enjoying your hair stylist duties!

Cathy Keisha said...

Once when TW slept over her friend’s house, one of her cats attacked TW’s hair. She had to lock her out of the bedroom.

those Winnie Wish toys would be great for Secret Paws.

Furries said...

Raven loves licking my hairbrush but nothing like Star's obsession. Star is hair crazy!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

TBT combed me seriously (and I let himfer once) an he got a ball of me fur off me like a tennis ball! He was shocked, but I feel better... ~ Marley

Jacqueline said...

We don't really get the hair obsession, but we all love getting brushed!...Have a fun weekend, dear friends...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki, Mommy Cat, Daddy Cat

Gigi said...

Ha ha ha, my sweet darling! You are so funnies wif your little hair obsession! I guess it makes sense that twin #2's hair would smell like twin #1's, right? I wonder why she's a-skeered of you, Star. . .you didn't *do* anything to her, did you sweetie??? Not that you would DREAM of being hissy-bitey-scratchy with anyone, right? Right? Yes, please come by and worship at my Heat Altar with me. XOXOX

Anonymous said...

That is so very cute!

Gigi said...

Hello Star darling, You're not STILL sniffling at that hair, are you??? The Human says you could come over and sniff at her hair anytime. XOXOXO

Kitties Blue said...

Some kitties just love hair, and Star seems to be one of them. Our angel Thelma was like that. She used to sleep on Mom's pillow and chew her hair. MOL, HO, HO, HO! Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo