Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bird TV Sharing

This also happened this weekend. Not as good as the last two entries, but still, not bad!

Star had been sitting on the chair by the door. I don't know why she likes it, but she's there a lot. Leo had been in the window, tucked up and  half hidden. He usually prefers to sit on his tree in the window, but once in a while he will get in the window. Star, when she's up there, prefers the window to the tree. To each their own right?

So Leo's in the window, and I think some critter came by because he got all excited and jumped out, onto his tree and spun around to stare at whatever it was. Either he forgot she was in the chair, or he did not know she was there. When he spun around on that tree, his great big floofy long tail whapped Star right in the face!

You'd expect her to react with great speed and vengeance, wouldn't you? I did.. But she just sat there, granted, with a ticked off look on her face. But she did not attack or smack or anything.

Pictures started a few minutes after the event started because I was too afraid there was going to be a smack down and then too fascinated to remember to get the camera out.
Oh, and if Leo's tail appears slightly blurred, it's because it was twitching madly, and occasionally brushing over Star's whiskers or the side of her face. And Still nothing!

Leo: Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!
Star: I can't believe he just whacked me in the face.. Rude barbarian.
 
 

Leo: Come closer birdie! Come on!
Star: Seriously mother, do I have to put up with this?
 
 

Leo: Hey! Where you goin' birdie?!?
Star: I've had about enough of this.
 
 

Leo: Oh lookie! More birdies!
Star: At least now I'm out of the way of that pendulum the barbarian calls a tail..


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


15 comments:

Sparkle said...

Star looks SO annoyed, but it's clearly not going to make her move from that chair.

Mollie said...

Bawahwawwwaw Kitty fight coming on.. Youz sure look well annoyed Star xx00xx

Mollie and Alfie

Cats Herd You said...

Floofy tail to the face isn't a good way to keep her from getting hissy. Glad they're sharing space better. Paws crossed it continues!

The Paw Relations said...

Way to go not whacking Leo, Star.

Hannah and Lucy said...

Star looks a little hissed off and we don't blame her!
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

John Bellen said...

There always seems to be a moment when one cat accepts another - usually with ill grace but at least it's acceptance. My Tungsten seems to have just passed that point with our new foster-cat, Bear-Bear, so I am hoping Star has reached it with Leo.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Seriously, this is HUGE!! generally after too much closeness they won't even get near each other.. to be this close after so many other close encounters..

well lets just say I'd be doing the happy dance if this were at my house :)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

star...sneak outside and ring the bell and when leo answers it, you get the perch !!! hugs from dai$y =^..*=

Brian's Home Blog said...

Well, I think you two are doing darn good!

Unknown said...

Looks like your both are still doing okay...am I wrong?
Kitty

Debra Taylor said...

Great photo - they are so precious.

they have such interesting ways of dealing with each other's behaviors.


For those reading this, check out my cat blog archives for some informative posts and archived stories about the cat abandoned/feral colony I manage.

http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/
Debby in Arizona

Charliepuss said...

They are vewy well behaved and tolerant not to whap one another. Good effort you two.
Charlie

Kitties Blue said...

Star, you are certainly showing a lot of restraint. Are you not feeling well? That's the only reason we can come up with. Purrs and hugs from the kitties at The Cat on My Head, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Josette

Gigi said...

Darling, I can't IMAGINE what you have to put up with from that Bad Boy with his tail in your face, your Beautiful FACE! I think you have shown great restraint, my darling. I know you are just saving up all your FURY for one giant SMACKDOWN when he least expects it! XOXOXOXO

Kwee Cats and Art said...

Oh, come on Star, just turn around and watch too! There nothing much better than Bird TV!
Hugs!