Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Bug Watch 2012

Ok, first thing, I have to apologize for the quality of the pictures today. They were SOOOO dark, that by the time I got them to where you could see the kitty, well, they sucked. But I thought it was such a cute sequence, that I wanted to share them anyway. The stupid camera was picking something in the foreground to focus on and Leo was left in the dark, sigh.

Leo was talking to the door, I figured there were bugs walking on the outside of it, attracted to the inside light. I didn't want to move and distract him, though he obviously knew what I was doing from the first shot..

What? I not talkin' to you..
 
 

I talkin' to him.. Mr. Interesting Bug. I calls him IB for short.
 
 

Star was watching the whole thing with her usual disdain.. Of course, if SHE had been the one in the door, then the bug would have been worthwhile. But since it was Leo, well, it must be a junky bug..
Idiot barbarian... Doesn't know quality bugs from a hole in the door.
 
 

IB is quality... You can't see him from where you are, that's all.
 
 

Oo! He went up higher!
 
 

Oh boy does he look yummy!
 
 

These got a little better because I finally decided to move for a better shot. Hoping to see the bug.. There are bugs walking back and forth in the white bar half way up the door. They act like they don't know how to get out, but in the morning, there are none left in there. I thought he was looking higher than the bar though..
I see you up there IB, I got my eyes on you..
 
 

I need a lift up there.. I need to get you IB.
 
 

I's a tall boy, but I's not quite tall enough..

He did actually start to climb, but the nature of digital cameras... especially mine, didn't let me snap the picture before he was back on the floor! Argh!

26 comments:

The Furries of Whisppy said...

Since Leo started to climb, we aren't surprised the bugs weren't there the next morning! MOL.

Sparkle said...

Bugs are my favorite cat toys!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Heh heh. We love bug chasing and eating too. Actually moth-eating is the best. Crunchy wings.

Nicki gave the human a huge scare a few days ago--she looked out into the back space and he was on the step near the patio door, drooling like crazy, eyes squinted almost shut. She panicked of course, but he wouldn't let her get near. Seizure or poison, she frantically thought. But in the minute it took to run into the house to get the carrier to rush to the vet, then get back outside, he was fine, like nothing happened. She figures he ate a "bad" bug!

So be careful what bugs you nom!

The Florida Furkids said...

We're sure IB was a very high quality bug!

The Florida Furkids

Nadbugs said...

Bugs are for the birds, Leo. Never mind. The shots & words are great, really painted the picture.

Random Felines said...

oooo - nothing like some good bug chasing!!

Callie (a.k.a. Trouble) said...

We can't chase bugs. Here in Texas the bugs are almost as big as we are! MOL

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I think you captured this sequence PURRFECTLY! The photos were definitely clear enough for me to see :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was fun! We are all door talkers here!

Marilia said...

=)

Ann Boyajian said...

We all need a bit of quality bug talk occasionally.

Marg said...

We love to eat moths. They are so yummy. Too bad you couldn't get that one Leo. Better luck next time.

Katie Isabella said...

Leo, I know you could have gotten IB if your mommy would have dropped the flshy box and just HELPED you.
xoxox

Kat said...

What cute photos! Leo, we know how you feel, we can't catch months sometimes either :(

Unknown said...

Love it! Our bugs is few and far between now that the frost has gots most of them.
Kisses
Nellie

Cats Herd You said...

We love bugs, too, Leo. Don't listen to Star. We know you had a GREAT bug!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Leo bug hunting is fun!!!!

purrs
>^,,^<
✿•*¨`*•. ♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥✿•*¨`*•.

Anonymous said...

Ah Leo! bug hunter extraordinaire!Impressive my furriend

LP said...

Leo , obviously your Mama's flash scared off the IB. Foiled by a hooman. Again!!

the critters in the cottage xo
P.S. Weez lubs all them eyes on your blog watching us!! :p

Furries said...

Those are great photos. Too bad you weren't able to get a shot of Leo climbing the screen.

Oui Oui said...

Don't you hate that about digital cameras? Mine does that all the time. We had a good laugh about the junky bug. Too funny!

A Tonl said...

Hrm, we boyz think Leo is right. It's an INTERESTING bug!

BTW, your comment on our blog today made Mommy LAFF and LAFF!!!
Faraday's nose is out of sorts over the idea tho....

meowmeowmans said...

If you ask us, ALL bugs are interesting! Maybe next time your mom will help you catch and nom that IB!

Gigi said...

Hi guys. So, didja ever get a bug? I hear some Human died today after eating live roaches in a contest, so maybe you better be careful.

Well, Star, Fank Ceiling Cat you did not demand a purrsunal appearance in The Suit. I don't think I woulda survived putting it on again so soon (although you know, I am certain it protects against drool as well as fleas....just sayin'.) Heh heh heh! You knows I am just teasing you, my sweet darling. I love you AND any bodily fluids you happen to be producing ;-)

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Leo, very impressive moves. Never mind the bugs, it's your dedication that got me. Or shall we say, you got me at hello bug? purrrr...meow!

Gigi said...

Well, okay--as long as we can have a cuddly nap while I dry off. And as long as you actually pee *in* the box. Mi box es tu box.