Friday, September 7, 2012

Star Reaction

Would you like to know how Star reacted to Leo's birthday toys?

I thought so.

Star was sitting on the bed, back to the singing birdy feather ball, ignoring every attempt we made to get her to look at it. She gave it one sniff, then ignored it completely. Not her style.

So I picked up the plastic encased compressed catnip ball that Leo has only given a few licks since that first day. I lifted the top plastic, which does not make a sound. About a half a moment later, Star's ears perked, her head swung around toward me and she pranced, yes, my 13 year old kitty pranced across the bed toward me!

I dumped the ball out into my hand and showed it to her, she was in sniff heaven. I dropped it on the bed and tried to make it roll, but it's hard to roll anything on a soft squishy bed.. She got tired of my attempts and grabbed it with a paw to pull it toward herself.

Star immediately started licking the ball and then fell on it. But don't take my word for it. Watch for yourself!





By the time she was done, she was all goggle eyed, purry and soaking wet from both drooling and licking herself. The ball was so wet that it was a little mushy, something I didn't think was possible! I had to put it away for fear she'd become a strung out nip ball addict... She gets custody of the ball every few days, whenever she's upstairs when I am. And her reaction is about the same.

I'm only afraid she might find where I store it soon and I'll find her in a pool of her own drool with a half sized nip ball and her singing some 60's psychodelic song like 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' or, considering the liquid, 'We All Live In A Yellow Submarine'.


Speaking of cat toys that drive them wild! Considering the reactions I've heard and seen to the Donation toy sets, I'm surprised the mailmen walking the streets, unsuspectedly carrying a load of kitty crack, aren't being mobbed by and/or followed by hordes of nip-seeking kitties!

I expect that one day they'll track the packages down to me and I'll be arrested and charged with CATastrophic interferrence with the mail system..

But until that happens! You can still get your set of fabulous nip cat toys AND help Winnie's Wish at the same time! For that minimum donation of $15 you can have your very own set of five proven toys! Check out the FUN FUN FUNdraiser post for details!

21 comments:

Just Mags said...

Sweet Star it is very apparent that you love and enjoy that nip ball. You all have a great weekend. Hugs and nose kisses

Sparkle said...

I go crazy over those nip balls too!

The Furries of Whisppy said...

Star is in nip heaven with that nip ball. Love how she "plomped" on top of it. :)

Cats Herd You said...

Go, Star, Go! Funny you mention nip and the mailman. I send cat toys to a friend for the holidays every year, and the first year, he had no idea what was in the package, but the cats attacked it. I imagined the mailman with cats hanging from his outstretched arm, saying "Take this package, please!"

Marg said...

That is so true about the toys that you made. We got two packs yesterday in the mail and I put them down on the chair and Two Two had one bag open in 30 seconds. Just took her teeth and ripped it open. Luckily I got some pictures. But you are right, if any cat gets sniff, the mailman is going to have a tough time. Great toys. I am going to do a post about them soon.

Hannah and Lucy said...

We think Star is going to become a nip addict just like us!
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

rainbow said...

Well done, Star and Leo!! Never mind about the humans - you have sorted the toys out; Star likes nip and has the ball; Leo likes feathers and has the singing birdie.
Purrs ... Rainbow

Random Felines said...

too funny....glad you are enjoying the nip ball Miss Star. :) Mom said she is going to break out our new Winnie's Wish toys this weekend....

mawiesner said...

My cats loved the Winnie's Wish toys as well! I had placed the unopened package on our kitchen table, and my cat Sunny tried his best to get into it! So I quickly opened it and set them on the floor for both my kitties. Buffy loves the stringy and all of the catnip toys. Sunny loves the catnip toys best, too. The feather is only interesting to Sunny if it's attached to a string and flying through the air. (They like to make me do some work too, I guess.)

Thanks for making the toys, Andrea! I hope you raise a lot of money for Chrystal. :)

maggie @ Shelter Cats said...

Cats have such different reactions to toys. My cats were not at all interested in the compressed nip ball. So, the next week I brought it with me to the PAWS shelter. I thought it was going to start a riot. I ended up taking it out of there before smacky paw fights broke out.

Thanks for visiting Shelter-Cats!
Maggie

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Wow, that Nip Ball seems like a great idea! But we arent sure TBT is strong enough ta squeeze our Nip leafs THAT hard.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh Star, you had such a fun, fun time...do it again!

Katnip Lounge said...

Mommy, how come you haven't ordered OUR gift package yet!!!??????

Marilia said...

Heheh! Cute!

Texas, a Cat in... Austin said...

It looks like star adopted the ball!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Star you do love the nip ball.

purrs
>^,,^<
✿•*¨`*•. ♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥✿•*¨`*•.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Star is such a cutie!

The Island Cats said...

It looks like Star has claimed that ball!

Unknown said...

Dear Star,
Me thinks your behaviour is purrfectly acceptable for a 13 year old kitty (seems as me is one)
Kisses
Nellie

Gigi said...

Star, I am SHOCKED I tell you, shocked at this shameless addict behavior before the CAMERA! Have you no self-control? Self-respect? Yeah, I didn't think so. That's okay. I love you better all wild and crazy!

And Star, you don't even ever have to ASK if I want you to come ofur--I *ALWAYS* want you to come over! After all, who else brought me niptinis and ice in my hour of greatest need. Hey, it wasn't that Sparkle, that's for sure!

XOXOXOXO

Gigi said...

Oh my sweet darling Star! I would be soooo happeez if you comed over to play wif my spikey, papery fun ball! It is delightful to bat around and it's super-toothsome. We can curl up in my pink beddie after we play UTB for awhile. See you soon!