Monday, July 9, 2012

Right Now

This is what's happening RIGHT NOW at my house! Ok, right now while I'm writing.. maybe not right now when you read it depending on when you read it.. Alright, lets not confuse everyone, including me!

Right now, my kitties are having a bit of a stare down..

Leo: Um... wanna play?
Star: Only if you want to play "rip your face off"..



Star: What, mom... I was just kidding.. Honest. You can stop making the kissy noises and patting the couch, I'm not falling for that distraction technique. Besides, I'm behaving. For now.
Leo: I knew you were kidding... wanna play?

(sorry those pictures are so dark, the sun is shining BRIGHTLY in that window! I lightened them as much as I could. I really need to make my curtains..)

Aside from one chuffing from Leo when she jumped up there, they have been quite. No hissing, no growling. Every time Leo moves, Star's head snaps to him as if she thinks he's going to attack her. She's not fooling me though, I know she jumped up there with the intent to attack him.

I have learned that when I scold or act like she's going to attack, she figures she may as well just do it. So far, just talking sweetly to her has kept her in her seat. Fingers crossed!

Ah ha! Just now she got down, came over to me for a quick pet and a sniff of a dehydrated pineapple container! No fight! I can breathe now!

Whew.. I need a nap.. Anyone wanna join me?

14 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

You have my sympathies. Angel Annie and Nicki went at it pretty much every day for almost 4 years till she passed. It was VERY stressful in the house. Nicki's an alpha kitty, Annie, being there first, thought she should be top cat...it wasn't pretty.

So a good day is peaceful co-existence. LOL.

The Furries of Whisppy said...

For your sanity, we hope there will more of such days. :)

Sparkle said...

Binga and I are always battling for top position. Surprisingly, though, we do get along most of the time.

Random Felines said...

paws crossed it stays that way. Mom swears that Spud will do this to Ivy just to get a reaction (out of Ivy - no one wants a reaction out of mom...we all just get in trouble). He sits about a foot away and gives her the "I'm not touching you" look. Makes her crazy...which mom is sure is the point. :)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Abby will fuss at each and every cat and stare them down. Mind you she is the elder cat and the smallest but it never stops her from being assertive.

(it does cause a lot of ruckus)

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Callie (a.k.a. Trouble) said...

Well, if this went anything like stuff here - they sat there and stared at each other for a few minutes, then the ears went back and then the smacky paws started!

Katie Isabella said...

Please you two...don't do that! You are wasting your time and hurting mommy who is trying to keep the peace. Now..wanna play?

Sweet Purrfections said...

So glad to hear that things are a little more calm lately.

Gigi said...

Star, darling, I think that sounds like an EXCELLENT game! Maybe tomorrow you could come over here and leave that silly boy to suck up to your pawrents? I think you'll like my photo tomorrow XOXOXO

Oui Oui said...

Julie hates Mica Moo, and attacks her whenever she can. After 2 years together, I don't think they will ever get along. I just keep them separated, that way no one gets hurt. MMM spent 4 days in the hospital last time Julie got to her, and a month recuperating.

Ivan from WMD said...

Calm is good!

Nadbugs said...

Nap! Nap! We are so down with the nap! Leave off with the staring!

Kwee Cats and Art said...

Hey, yup, we're always down for a nap. We are so glad it looks like things are settling down for you guys, even if it is for just right now. Mostly, all 7 of us get along. A few like to be more left alone than others. Sometimes the rest of us like to pester them. Usually, it sorts itself out pretty quick, but sometimes Mumsy has to remind us to behave.

Just hang in there, and have a happy.

Brian's Home Blog said...

We are sending calming purrs to everyone!