Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Poor Poor Ringy

You've all seen those ringy toys with the balls inside the track I'm sure. Some kitties LOVE them! Some aren't that interested. I got one for Star years ago, BL (Before Leo) and she ignored it. It made me sad. Then she would occasionally sit in it like it was a cat bed and she'd sit in the middle of it. But that ball, no thank you.

Greg went on a mission to get her interested and would spin the ball around the track when she was in the room to get her interested. Then, one amazing day, she bapped the ball! Once... *sigh*

But Greg persevered and kept tempting her, playing with her and she got to the point where she loved the ringy toy! Maybe not every day, but she would play with it several times a week.

Star: This. Is. Mine.



Star: Oo! There's the ball!



Star: Got you now!! Bwhaha!


Then... AL (After Leo) Star would sit in it again. I think she was guarding it. Kind of silly since Leo didn't seem to know what it was or what to do with it. Greg worked with him a little, when Star was elsewhere. He spun the ball and showed him how it worked. It didn't take Leo near as long to start playing with it! His biggest problem was his extra sized paws!

Leo: My turn! I love this thing!


Leo made it work though, he just played carefully! He tended toward the blitz attack mode. He'd fly into the room, smack the ball a few times and bolt back out! He's a wild man, my Leo. If you check the chart on the last post, at one year, he's a 'human' 15 years old, wild and crazy teen boy!

Well, as the title of this post suggests... All is not well in ringy world...

It got stepped on! Horrors! I won't rat out the culprit.. *coughcoughGregcoughcough* but suffice it to say, the ring is no more.

Alas, poor Ringy, we knew ye well..



Star: ...Wha... Hey! Who did this!?!



Leo: It wasn't me! I didn't do it!
But, hey! I can get my paw in that hole no problem!



Star: Who did it? Oh... Well, at least I still have my kick-a-roos!
But if ol' big foot stomps these, I'll surgically remove his toes with my claws of death! I don't care if he IS the light of my life and my favorite, strike that, the ONLY person in the world I love! EVERYone has to respect MY toys!


Don't fret, Star, the guilty party felt bad, I'm sure it'll be replaced before too long. Oh, and in the mean time, there's some new stuff we'll show off, hopefully this week.


While I was going through the ringy pictures, I decided Hey! Another good opportunity (see the first one here) to show off their size difference! Since I can't get them close enough to show it 'in person'..
Here's a side by side comparison, the ring is the exact same size in both pictures.


Young and big boy, older and petite girl. I love both of my babies!

11 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

RIP, Ringy. We detect a toy theme at your house, StrinGY and RinGY...what's next?

Katie Isabella said...

You have beautiful dear babies. I have to tell you my mom LOVES seeing them. I have started playing with my ringy thing pretty well. (when I'm not scratching carpet). xoxox

Sparkle said...

OMC, this is a TRAGEDY! I hope you humans don't dawdle in replacing Ringy!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Out of tragedy comes a NEW toy!
YAY
Win win win!!!

We noticed the difference in size in the first set of pictures. Leo is a big cuddly boy.

purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Quill and Greyson said...

It's so sad when a toy is kilt.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

"Duct Tape" fixes everything... At least temporarily.

Photo Cache said...

now you got to buy new toys hahahaha

emma and buster

Kat and the Furrsonality gang said...

We can certainly see why you love them <3

We love ringy toys, but we always break them somehow.

The Furries of Whisppy said...

Whoa! That's quite a difference in size. That's really tragic about Ringy. We hope Mr Guilty replaces it soon...

LP said...

Grey cats are so prettyful! We need us a grey cat...but LP says NO! There is no more room at the cottage!

the critters in The Cottage xo

John Bellen said...

Yes, I guessed it wasn't a cat that made that crevice in the side of the toy. They are too light on their feet!