Thursday, April 26, 2012

Normalcy Ha!

So back to blogging normalcy lasted all of one day! Then I had my MRI. Well, before my MRI I could not wake up all day. I got up, got down stairs, and slept on the couch waking up just long enough to take more drugs. Leo loved it, he got lots of snuggling time.

The MRI was a nightmare! They asked us to come early, 7:30 instead of 8:30, which was fine because it was night and I was tired anyway. Then they weren't quite ready, then the machine didn't work and when they tried to get me out of it, it kept stalling. Coming to a stop with a jerk. Let me tell you how much my back LOVED that! owie... They tried again, but nope. They had to call in a tech, so I had to sit on the thing (cause laying down was killing my back) until that person showed up. And guess what? I didn't figure I'd be there when it was pill time so I didn't take them with me!

The tech showed up and they got it working. (just like a computer, if all else fails, shut it off!) They said you'll be in there for 31 minutes. Ok, I can do that. HA! I had my arms over my head and after so long I felt like my shoulders were going to literally fall off. I told them that I had to move and in between scans, they let me. I don't  know how many scans they did, but she said only two more. And then they started counting down the minutes for me. I think I started crying but I cant be sure. Finally they got me out and Greg said I'd been in there for just over an hour! No wonder my arms hurt! Not to mention my back.. I couldn't even stand up straight when we left.

So there was no way there was going to be a post yesterday! I wasn't sure I'd do one tonight, but the drugs are working again so what the heck! Who wants to see some kitties? I do I do! Oh, that brings me to: sorry I haven't been visiting much, I've been trying to read when I'm awake, and comment when I can, but if I've missed you, it's not because I want to, and I will get to you as soon as I can keep my eyes open for more than five minutes!

So kitties!


Look who's not so afraid of Mirror Cat any more!

I know he's back there. But he doesn't seem to bother me...



Besides, if I give him my back, he gives me his. It all works out!



Ok, I don't have a picture of Star to share, but this is funny anyway. Leo was on the bed, playing a little, but mostly done and laying there with his paw on his stringy. Star jumped up on the bed. Ok, crawled. She doesn't jump so much any more 'cause she's getting old. But he saw her come up, jumped to his feet, grabbed the red stringy and ran with it! No way was she gettin' his toy!

I found it on the floor by my side of the bed later, but Leo was under the bed. Probably with the stringy that he accidentally took off with. I'm glad he didn't take this one and stash it with his hoard!

14 comments:

Gigi said...

Star, I just read the EXCITING tale of your almost-fight yesterday. It is GOOD that Leo is a-skeered of you. Now normally, you might expect that I would be on my fellow boy's side, but I think Leo needs to learn some respect for his elders, right?

Besides, that was the nicest poem I ever read. XOXOXO

Sparkle said...

That MRI sounds torturous! Aren't you glad you have Leo and Star around for comic relief?

Marg said...

Wow that MRI sounds like a night mare and I bet it was. I knew I never wanted to have one of those deals. I might have to have some scans but hopefully that doesn't happen. Hope they can help you now that you suffered through that. Take care.

Cat said...

I had an MRI on my back last year (58 mins in the machine, ugh) but the tube was small like a coffin, I don't know how you were able to sit up! Sounds like it was a horrible experience if I got stuck inside one I would have truly freaked out!!! Glad it's over I bet some kitty loving afterward was helpful :-)

PS - I bet Leo made friends with mirror kitty!

Random Felines said...

ouch - why is it they have to inflict MORE pain to figure out what is causing it in the first place??? Of course, last time grandma had to have one (she is scared of closed spaces), she took valium, made mom go with her, and fell asleep.... hope you are better soon!!

GLOGIRLY said...

Purrs to you xo
MRI's are a little scary. We hope you get the relief you need soon.
Feel better!
xo Katie & Glogirly

Pee S ...we keep forgetting to tell you how much we like your blog header! : )

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

I'm sorry the MRI was such a pain, but I hope it was worth it once the results come in.

I'm glad Leo made a truce with MirrorLeo.. (or is it MirrorJack that comes to visit??)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

I think that they dream up ways to be as tortuous as possible. I swear they do. What I have always hated more than anything is the noncaring attitude a lot of clinics have. I have found a very big difference at Mayo Clinic where I know go for all of my medical needs. I hope you feel better soon. Kisses to Leo and Star.
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

I am so sorry you had such a bad day. That technology, like all others, is good when it works! Purrs, purrs and more purrs to you!

Quill and Greyson said...

You poor thing! Feel better!

Gigi said...

Poor Mommeh. We hope she feels better soon.

Unlike your Mommeh, the Human sometimes sees the recreational value of such substances...but hey, she growed up in the sixties.

Oui Oui said...

Sorry the MRI was such a nightmare! At least its over. That's so funny how Leo doesn't want to share. He must really love his string. Don't worry about not blogging, its better and more important to take care of your self. We'll still be here.

Clooney said...

Oh boy, that sounds awful. We send you huge, mega purrs and prayers and good thoughts of health. We hope that you will start feeling better shortly. Dr. Cloon suggests a prescription of some good old fashioned kitty love!

Katie Isabella said...

Oh my gosh how horrible. Mom has escaped those things so far..hope she continues to. That cemented her desore to never have one. Ewww. Hope all will be well quickly. Purrs...