Monday, March 19, 2012

World Cancer Day

I know it's late in the day for me to post, but honestly, I fell asleep before posting after midnight like I usually do... Still, I cannot NOT post today, not after what my family has been through lately...

Today is World Cancer Day.



 As you all know, and thank you again for your purrs, my dad had cancer surgery last month. He had a sarcoma in his calf, but they got it all! So far so good! They told him Friday that he's doing so well that he could start trying to walk, sooner than they expected!

While we are rejoicing, we're also missing some people. Last year we lost my dad's youngest sister and his oldest brother.

Two cousin's battled cancer recently, one is still battling, the other was declared cancer free recently!

Today one of my nieces is having a biopsy which I'm hoping and praying is more a precaution than an actual problem.

Cancer is a horrible thing, we all need to do what we can to fight it! Here's hoping there's a cure in our lifetime!


More kitties tomorrow. In the meantime, if you need a kitty fix, please check out Daily Dose and please please help where you can to get cat house kitties into a forever home, and if you can, get a brick or make a donation to help those homeless kitties.

9 comments:

Random Felines said...

purrs for all of you.....

Katnip Lounge said...

My Dad is a cancer survivor...it is a terrible thing indeed. Fingers crossed for your niece today.

GLOGIRLY said...

Oh, purrs to you and your family. So happy your Dad is doing well. I don't think I know anyone who's life has not been changed by cancer.
xo Glogirly

Cat said...

A world without cancer would be a wonderful place!!!

Marg said...

Sure glad your Dad is doing so well. That is so exciting. We sure wish they will find a cure or at least better treatment and a more efficient way of recognizing that someone has the dreaded disease. Take care.

Sparkle said...

I am glad to hear how well your dad is doing! And I am purring for everyone today whose lives have been affected by cancer.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

So glad to hear your Dad is doing so well, may be continue onto a full and complete recovery. Cancer does indeed sux!
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

The Florida Furkids said...

We're purring and praying for a day that the world will be cancer-free.
The Florida Furkids

Gigi said...

We is purring and purraying for all the Kitties and Humans fighting the good fight! Verreh glad your Dad is doing well!