Thursday, February 9, 2012

Smart Kitty

Cats are smart right? They learn stuff and remember. So should I be surprised and amazed at Leo’s newest trick. Not that trick is the right word, but I don’t know what to call it!

When we head upstairs at night, I take a while getting ready for bed and Greg goes to the bedroom where Leo is either waiting or soon follows. While they are waiting for me, they usually play, what they usually play with is Leo’s hoodie string. I think you KNOW how much he loves that stringy!

Greg says he went in, sat on the bed and looked over at Leo. Leo waited until he saw Greg looking at him, then he reached over and patted the stringy!

Seriously? Did he learn? Is he saying "Hey daddy, time to play stringy!" Or am I crazy? Is Greg crazy? Or was this a huge coincidence?? I honestly don’t know, but I’m on pins and needles to see if it happens again tomorrow night!


I’ve got a video for you today. What you will not see in this video is a cat. "What’s that?" you say, "No cat on a cat blog? How can this be?"

It can be because there’s a cat IN the video, but you will not SEE him. "Andrea," you might continue, "We do not believe in invisible cats!"

No problem! Neither do I. I do believe that kitties like to play under sheets. Ah ha, now you’re getting the picture, right! So let me discontinue the pretend conversation to tell you what happened.

Leo, now that he’s discovered the joys of being between the sheets, goes under there almost daily now. If you don’t let him in, he will paw at the edges trying to get himself in! I thought the sheets were fairly thick, but I think he can see through them, at least a little.

He knows where his feather toy and Stringy are and will usually head in that direction. And yes, we sleep with the feather ball toy and the Stringy in the bed. How else do you think he keeps them safe from that thief Star?

(Don’t feel bad for Star, she’s got her very favorite butterfly toy as well as every other toy since Leo rarely goes downstairs at night)

I have seen Leo try to play with his toys from under the sheets, and I finally caught it on video! While I was trying to get my phone into video mode, he moved both the stringy and the feather ball about two feet across the bed into Greg’s legs. Never woke him up either.


10 comments:

Clooney said...

Oh that is so cute! You are a character Leo...just like someone else I know...

Sparkle said...

I actually don't like playing bed monster - I prefer it when the toys try to hide under the sheets and I have to catch them before they disappear!

Hannah and Lucy said...

We don't play bed monster cos mum says it's too ouchie for her!!
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Brian's Home Blog said...

I couldn't really read the script text, but the video was a hoot!

Random Felines said...

It is funny how they learn the routine!! Mom was trying to play bed monster with Caramel last night, but all she did was scare him. MOL

GLOGIRLY said...

I go invisible all the time!
xo Katie

Lily said...

I know how fun it is to be under the sheets too Leo, but I can get there by myself. It always scare my daddy when I do it, cause he's afraid I'll attack him, though I never do!

Katie Isabella said...

I LOVED seeing this! I'm only here 3 weeks so not sure if I will go under the sheets or not..yet. xoxoxo

Callie (a.k.a. Trouble) said...

When Sassy wants Mommie to throw her mousie for her, she will go get it and drop it at her feet. Not fetch exactly, because she does not bring it back, but still....

Gigi said...

Ha ha ha ha ha! That's just hilarious! King Spitty says he believes Leo really is that smart too.