Sweet Spitty Kitty gave us the Versatile Blogger Award a few days ago! We’re so honored! Thank you so much Spitty!
These are the VBA rules:
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Include a link to their blog. That’’s also common courtesy —— if you can figure out how to do it.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (Nellie says: Pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I’m gonna follow Spitty’s example and instead of giving 15, I’ll give a fantastic five:
The Island Cats
Daily Dose of Dogs (AKA Cats With Your Coffee
I Have Three Cats
Three Cat Yard
Please drop over and visit them all, you’ll see why we like them so much!
Star’s Seven in her own words:
1. I may be going on lucky 13, but I can still attack da bird like a wild kitten!
2. When I arrived on the scene, there were three other senior kitties here, and I took over as topcat within two months.
3. I was a momma kitty, and it was my kittens they were trying to give away when mommy came and adopted me.
4. Once, when mommy and daddy went out of town, I spent a week under mommy’s gramma’s couch because they thought I would be happier with her than left at home with someone coming in to feed me. I showed them, didn’t I!
5. When they put me on a leash and figure 8 collar I turn into what daddy calls ‘a humble bumble’.
6. If mommy and daddy go away for more than an evening (and sometimes if it was a long evening) I refuse to have anything to do with them. Sometimes I won’t even come down to see them. Mommy calls this ‘being a cat’ but it bothers daddy so he will come looking for me and pick me up, which I hate, and will cuddle me until I forgive him. I have to forgive him, it’s the only way I can get back on the ground, so it’s really unfair!
7. I’m a petite little kitty with petite little paws, but when I stand on you it’s like they’re drilling into your legs with a sharpened chisel! Hee hee hee
Leo’s Seven in his own words:
1. I was almost a year old before my mommy heard my growl! Even though Princess HissyFace growled at me ALL the time!
2. I used to hate catnip! Hate! I would even run when mommy opened the tub. But now I think it’s ok.
3. Now that I know the ‘under the covers’ thing, I like to go there when I’m all wild and crazy from some stringy play, and then I get all cozy and sleepy and zzzzz hmm? Oh yeah. I likes it!
4. I have a big long floofy tail and I like to fold over the last several inches almost totally straight back down, then lift it up and fold it in the other direction. Mom says it’s absolutely adorable and that she knows where I am because it’s like I flag announcing my position.
5. I love to sleep on my back and show off my tummy, but much to mommy’s dismay I don’t want anyone to touch it. When she does, because she cannot resist, I put my special bitey on it. Not a real bite, I open my mouth and then smack my face into her hand. It makes mommy giggle, but if I do it enough she stops trying to get my tummy!
6. Feather toys are my favorite, that’s no doubt, but I’ve been seen a lot recently carrying around a furry mousie in my mouth.
7. I’m a big big big cat with even bigger big big big feet, but when I step on you, it doesn’t hurt like HissyFace’s feet. Probably because mine are all snowshoed out adorably! Oh, and I click when I walk because my non-wonkey extra toe claw doesn’t retract and it lays sideways over my main paw pad so I sound like a pirate cat with one peg-leg. soft paw, soft paw, soft paw, click. soft paw, soft paw, soft paw, click. Arrr! (Hey, I need a parrot!)
Thank you again Spitty, we loves you!