Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year's Eve

On the First Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Second Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Third Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Three Furry Mice
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Fourth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Four Jingly Balls
Three Furry Mice
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Fifth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Five Giant Feathers
Four Jingly Balls
Three Furry Mice
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Sixth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Six Fleecey Blankets
Five Giant Feathers
Four Jingly Balls
Three Furry Mice
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV

On the Seventh Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me
Seven Sheets A’playing
Six Fleecey Blankets
Five Giant Feathers
Four Jingly Balls
Three Furry Mice
Two Kitty Loves
And A Warm Lap in Front of the TV



I’ve been meaning to take pictures of my favorite ornaments to show, and I finally got around to it. I couldn’t find one of them even though I know it’s on that tree somewhere! Unless Leo stole it... but as he’s been so good about the tree I hate to cast dispersions on him!

I'm not terribly fond of cats in clothes, but Kitty Cucumber is an exception. I think she's just adorable. I have three Kitty Cucumber ornaments, but could only find two on the tree.



I love this one and I dont know why. Love the candy cane, the little mousey, but mostly the fact that the kitty is comfortably hanging swinging on the cane that captures my imagination.


My mother in law made this fan, it's full of potpourri and even after, gosh, has to be more than ten years, it still smells good.


This last one kind of commemorates the first Christmas we got our artificial tree. We used our wedding money to get it and I was just so happy that it looked so real but didn't make me break out in spots! We had three adult cats and two half grown kittens and I was worried all the time that they were going to destroy my new beautiful tree..
I was also quite sick that year and the medicine I was on made me seriously loopy... I didn't know at that time that if you had these reactions you are supposed to tell the doctor and let him change the meds. Please use that young naive, sick, loopy state of mind to temper your feelings on what happened next..
Christmas Eve, while taking my time to get ready after sleeping really late, I called Greg at work and told him that the cats were out, and I hadn't heard any problems from downstairs. We would keep them locked in the laundry/cat room at night so they couldnt get into trouble. After I hung up, I went downstairs and, to my horror, and through my drug fogged brain, I saw my beautiful tree on the ground surrounded by broken ornaments..
I'm not a hundred percent sure what happened next, but when Greg got home, he heard, from the drive way, horse incoherent screaming. Instead of coming in, he went to the window and looked in. He saw me beating on the cat room door, screaming and crying and not making any sense. He rushed in, saw the tree, dragged me to a seat and tried to get something coherent from me, even though he kind of figured what my problem was. The cats were all cowering in the cat room, untouched, unharmed, but I'm sure with ears ringing.
I don't remember locking them in there. I don't remember much about that year really.. I do know that the rest of the night, at a family party, I sat in a corner, holding my 3 month old nephew, away from my face so I didnt breath on him, as I stared off into space for heaven only knows how long.
Anyway, the next year, we saw that ornament and just laughed, figuring that was the cats having fun before the drugged loony started catterwalling at them. Had to get it!

8 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Wow, that was a serious side effect from the meds. Aacckkk! Glad you can laugh about it now, though.

We're wishing you all a very happy new year, one filled with much love, Light and laughter. All the best in 2012.

Jacqueline said...

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year filled with great health, much love and tremendous joy...xoxo...J, Calle, Halle, Sukki

The Island Cats said...

We enjoyed seeing all your ornaments! Our tree has a lot of kitty ornaments on it. Our mom always likes to see ones that she doesn't have!

Happy New Year to all of you!

Katnip Lounge said...

HOLY CATS! What a tale to tell. At least you can have a good laugh now!

I've never heard of Cucumber Kitty, now I'll have to google it.

Happy New Year!

xx The Katnip Lounge Kitties and Mommy Trish

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

OMC that was a terrible reaction to the medicine you were on. WOW! Those were lovely ornaments, I try to find at least one cat ornament each year this year I found a cute b&w kitty on a red blanket at Hallmark.
Happy new year
purrs
>^,,^<
♥Abby♥Boo♥Ping♥Jinx♥Grace♥

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Whoa, those side effects not good!

Enjoyed your poem and pics of the ornaments. Cucumber kitty is really cute.

Have a very Happy New Year, dear furriends full of happy humans & kitties!!

Hugs,
Tom, mom Julie & Mittens

Robyn said...

Beautiful ornaments! (And though I'm sure it was nowhere near funny at the time, your story made me LOL.)

Happy New Year! :)

Brian's Home Blog said...

WeeeeeeOooooo that was some powerful stuff! From all of us to all of you...Happy, Happy, Happy New Year!!!