Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Puss and Kitty

This is going to be sort of non-kitty, but stay tuned, kitties at the end!

This weekend we went to the drive in. I say sort of non-kitty because what we went to see was Puss In Boots! I don’t care what anyone says, I love animated movies, and I no longer feel the need to borrow someone else’s kids to justify going to see them. I embrace my inner child and see them because *I* want to see them!

Besides, it’s Antonio Banderas! Who doesn’t want to hear that voice?? I don’t know about you, but he makes me purr. :)

Anyway, it was a really good movie but I wont spoil it for anyone by giving anything away. Just go see it, or rent it when it comes out, because when he does those big pleading kitty eyes, you’ll want to do whatever he says too!

The reason I bring it up is because we saw something that was too sweet not to share. It wasn’t the movie, though that was cute. During the credits of Puss in Boots the guy in the car in front of us got out of his car then reached back in and picked up a little kid, maybe two or three years old. As he went to put her in the back seat he started dancing with her to the end credits. It was adorable.

Then he went to the passenger side and pulled out another little one, maybe three or four years old. And as he went to put that one in the back seat, he also danced with him for a little while. Too sweet, you could almost hear the giggling.

And then his wife got out of the front and he danced with her! Can you say awwwww? I mean, what a sweet family! It wasn’t that big of a car, but I could just imagine all four of them all cuddled up in the front seat watching Puss In Boots! Almost cuter than the movie.

If only we hadn’t stayed for the second feature... Then we would have left with that good feeling. But alas, niece 2 really really wanted to see Footloose. I mean, first off, you do NOT remake Kevin Bacon... That’s just silly! And second, if you’re going to remake it, maybe you should think about updating it a little. And no, just adding a reference to cell phones is not updating it. I would almost swear that most of the dialog was identical to the original! The music sure was.. Anyway, that one is a "don’t waste your money" movie. But that’s just my opinion. I much prefer Bacon personally.

So on to kitties!

One of Star’s favorite games is playing with the back scratcher as I wiggle it back and forth under the sheets. She will attack like mad, bunny kick, put the bitey on it and just go crazy! She loves it.

So the other day when Leo was sitting on the bed, I decided to see if he would want to play that game. After all, he’s a playing fool! He loves to play, and if he can’t find a toy, he will make one out of anything, even if he has to steal it from the trash or tissue box.

However, back scratcher in the sheets was a total flop. He looked horrified. He acted like something icky was under there and he didn’t want to get his paws in it. And after a cursory sniff or two, he took off like the boogey monster was after his tail!



Did that move? Did you see that?
 

What the...
 

There IS something there..

 
Play with it? Are you kidding me, lady?
 

That’s it, I’m outta here.. That thing’s got a mind of it’s own!

No comments: