Friday, August 19, 2011

Monorail?

You may have noticed in my pictures of late, but because of the work we’re doing on the house, we don’t have curtains on our windows. While this drives me crazy, it did allow me to see something today that I usually wouldn’t see.

I was talking to my nephew’s fiancé, who was sitting in The Chair, which at that time was by the back window. The Chair moves around a lot depending on where the work is at the moment.. Anyway, as I looked at her, something caught my attention out the window. I was flabbergasted and just stared for a few minutes. First, because I wasn’t certain that the critter was alive, it lay so still.. And also because... all I could think about was monorail cat from Icanhascheezburger.

I finally had the presence of mind to grab the camera.. which had the batteries out to save them.. (anyone else irritated at how fast digital camera’s suck down battery life?) I was sure it would be gone by the time I got it ready... but dang if it wasn’t still there! In exactly the same position!

We only managed to get one picture, and he picked up his head... he’d been laying with his chin down on the branch almost the whole time. I think he caught the movement of people trying to take his picture. Still, pretty cute huh?



Here’s a closer crop, same picture.

Do you think he'd had a hard night drinking too many acorn-tinies?



Remember Leo’s fort from yesterday? Today, of course, it got taken down. Needed the table elsewhere. Leo keep pawing at the plastic in a pathetic, you stole my toy, kind of way. Of course, by the time I got the camera ready again, he was on to the next toy. Ready to pounce the last of the feathered balls... becoming less feathered every day, poor thing.

I want my fort back... oooo the fedder ball is tauting me!
You shall pay for your insolence fedder ball!

 
Star probably wishes she could get in the back window to watch the squirrel.. still, she looks pretty comfy. (she looks so fuzzy and cuddly all backlit like that!)
You know, the view would be better if you put
some seed in that snack lure bird feeder..

No comments: