Saturday, July 2, 2011

Visitors

Leo welcomed some visitors this week. I know he would have loved nothing more than to go out and greet them properly in the driveway.. But there are many reasons why that is not acceptable. My kitties are indoor only, so going out is not an option. And besides, I think he’d have greeted them by showing them what big teeth he has..



A couple of baby bunnies wandered by the door. I don’t know if they were brave, didn’t know he was there, or realized they were safe from him. They took their sweet time nibbling on weeds in the drive as they passed through.



Unfortunately I didn’t get very good pictures because it would have scared them off if I’d have moved too close.





Hello there little friend... come closer...
 
 
Closer please... I only want to taste.. I mean say hello properly..
 
 
Hard to see under the car there.. But it’s a baby wild bunny. There were two different sizes so I know there were at least two different ones.

 
 
Come on in for a bite... heh heh.. Er, um.. Pardon my drool..
 
 
Another little friend.
Hello Mr. Squirrel.. I have a place for you at my table..

 
Squirrel buddy.. You’re as untrusting as the bunny brothers..
 
Stalk-mode
Some day my little friends.. Some day..

2 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

Leo, we say the same thing about the pigeons and the doves. So far, only the lizards have taken us up on the invitation. Rats.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Leo!This is Trixie! I got a surprise in the mail from you - mom is going to do a post about it this week! Thank you so much! I am going to send you a surprise too (mom just has to get less busy!) I haven't seen any baby bunnies or squirels here - we have chipmunks and baby birdies though - they look like a lot of fun to play with. I hope you get to play with your visitors soon but if they don't come in that will be tough. We are the same way at our house - no outside (except in the carrier to the vet). Anyway, I wanted to let you know about the pressie making it here. Mom is going to do the post some time this week (today is Virgil's birthday so that is why not today) so I hope you get to see it!!